PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Jig saw Opinion?

dennis thompson
09-12-2007, 7:39 PM
Does anyone have an opinion on the Milwaukee 6268-21 jig saw?
Thanks
Dennis

Chuck Saunders
09-13-2007, 8:31 AM
Looks nice, and I have always been a Milwaukee fan. I had an older model and I did not care for it that much. i think that was due to the top handle configuration. The base just wasn't stable. After it was stolen, I replaced with the Bosch 1591 barrel grip and I much prefer the Bosch. Probably nothing wrong with the Milwaukee, just the top grip and I were not a match.

Tyler Howell
09-13-2007, 9:57 AM
Really like the Milwaukee tools I have. No experience with the Jig saw

Ed Labadie
09-13-2007, 11:25 AM
I've got one. It's a pretty nice saw, the led light is the feature that really sold me on it. The dust blower really works also. I must admit, I've used it to cut more sheet steel than wood, on wood I like my Festool better.
I had a problem with the blade clamp the last time I went to use it, it didn't want to completely lock a thicker blade in place. The result was the blade sitting at a slight angle. I haven't had time to look into it it see what the problem is, maybe there is some debris in the mechanism or a burr on the blade. I will make it a point to investegate tonight. I don't want to tell you it's been a problem free tool if it's got to go back to Milwaukee.

Ed