PDA

View Full Version : SU models for Noden Legs?

Doug Shepard
09-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Anybody happen to have a Sketchup Model for Noden Adjust-A-Bench legs or have a link to any they've seen? I was planning on just making a black slab (much the monolith in the 2001 Movie:D ) to represent them, but if the real McCoy is available, I'll use those to sketch up my bench instead.

Chris Foley
09-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Doug,

If you don't find any, I would be willing to give it a go. I really have no clue about the legs you are referring to so if you could supply the details....

Just FYI, I am learning SU myself but have used 4 different modeling programs in the past. This would be a good "test" for me!

Doug Shepard
09-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Chris
If you want something to test out SU on, here's a link to Noden's site. They're the metal adjustable height doohickeys.

Chris Foley
09-12-2007, 12:48 PM
I have been looking at that. There are not enough details to create anything by... :(

Jim Becker
09-12-2007, 3:52 PM
Doug, I never did draw mine out for the shop model...

John Schreiber
09-12-2007, 6:05 PM
Doug,

I couldn't find one on-line and I am short on time to draw one up in any detail.

I think a monolith 17" wide and push/pullable from 26.25 to 42.75 tall would cover things for you. The legs look to be about 5" thick, but I couldn't find a precise dimension on their website.

If you want to add casters, there are many on the 3D warehouse you can download.

Have fun planning and be sure to share.

Doug Shepard
09-12-2007, 6:22 PM
Thanks guys. The monolith should work fine. It's mainly for double checking vise clearances one last time before sizing the benchtop. I know the legs are 3" thick. I measured that (and the 17" width) to see how much extra length I needed to add for the legs.