PDA

View Full Version : September 11 comes and goes again

Cliff Rohrabacher
09-12-2007, 8:09 AM
I remember watching the events unfold.
Every time that date comes around I feel a lot of it all over again.

jeremy levine
09-12-2007, 8:16 AM
I remember watching the events unfold.
Every time that date comes around I feel a lot of it all over again.

I feel the same way. Were you in the city at the time ?

Scott Coffelt
09-12-2007, 10:40 AM
I was thinking that too yesterday, it was amazing the amount of anger over the act I had. The various eye witness accounts that they playedon the news when I came into work, just sparked the nerves.

Jeff Bower
09-12-2007, 10:42 AM
I was at almost the exact same place on the road as I was on Sept. 11 2001 when they rang the bell for all of those lost yesterday. It gave me goosbumps....

Ken Fitzgerald
09-12-2007, 10:52 AM
It was one of those things that will live in my memory for ever.

Greg Peterson
09-12-2007, 12:12 PM
I remember.

Cliff Rohrabacher
09-12-2007, 4:54 PM
I feel the same way. Were you in the city at the time ? I had an appointment in the city that morning. Had friend in the buildings and family living a few blocks or two away

Jonathon Spafford
09-12-2007, 5:14 PM
I remember it all... what we were doing and everything! I won't every forget it!

Randy Moore
09-12-2007, 8:08 PM
I DON'T WANT TO FORGET NOR WILL I EVER FORGET!

Jim Becker
09-12-2007, 8:24 PM
I had an appointment in the city that morning. Had friend in the buildings and family living a few blocks or two away

I was scheduled for a meeting in tower two on one of the upper floors only two days later than the event...with several of the folks that perished, one of which was a woodworker I had already met at a previous meeting in Des Moines. To this day, I cannot watch any kind of footage or look at most pictures...

I actually saw the second plane hit on CNN (before they recognized it as a plane) as I was dealing with email that morning at the Marriott Courtyard at BWI in MD. Boy, that was a very long drive home, with "official" cars passing me like I was standing still on I-95.

Ron Jones near Indy
09-12-2007, 9:25 PM
I believe I will always remember where I was and what I was doing on 9/11 and at the time of JFK's assassination.

Leigh Costello
09-13-2007, 12:50 AM
Here in St. Louis, we had a "commentator" express his opinion that too much emphasis is placed on the day. If I had been able to call in to the station, I would have reminded him about December 7, 1941, D-Day, and any other day that our nation was threatened or attacked. I cannot keep from shedding tears to this day when I think about 9-11. How dare he try to minimize the lives lost and those that were forever altered!?!?! Makes me a bit upset...but that is how I feel.

Jon Lanier
09-13-2007, 1:58 PM
Makes me want us to go into a little construction. Make the middle east a parking lot. I know, to severe, but that's why we think with our heads and not our emotions. I pray nothing like this happens on American soil again.

Rich Stewart
09-13-2007, 8:04 PM
I think what I remember most was the attitude of Americans after it happened. Hell, even crooks took a break. We were all one. No black, white, asian, or latino. All one. Remember the flags everywhere? Nobody would think of beeping at somebody for sitting at a green light too long. No road rage. We were one. I wish we hadn't forgotten so fast.

John Shuk
09-13-2007, 8:57 PM
I remember the day like it was yesterday. Lost a firefighter friend. My wife was in the same Walmart with the some of the hijackers the night before in South Portland, Maine. I remember her telling me that she would stay up there for a few extra days because it seemed a bit safer. Then we found out that she may have passed these XXXXXXXXs in an aisle.