PDA

View Full Version : first turnings please don't laugh

John Nowack
09-11-2007, 10:31 PM
I am going to try and post a pic of some of my first turnings. They are not great but they are a totaly different shape than the blocks of wood I started with so, i accomplised something. The inside out was the most challanging and is not even close to the way I intended but, I learned from my mistakes. The angel ornaments actually gave me the most trouble because I had to use a Skew (I think it is a skew i'm using anway). The heads give me alot of problems. I am enjoying it and have accoumplished something seeing as how the only time I had seen a lathe was at Silver dollar city when I was a kid. i will also try to post a pick of my greatest creation that my wife helped finish last week.

OK I can not seem to add the pics. it just dong's at me. It says somting about pop up blocker but I have it turned off

glenn bradley
09-11-2007, 10:44 PM
OK I can not seem to add the pics. it just dong's at me. It says somting about pop up blocker but I have it turned off

Oh yeah, that old excuse. Just kidding :D . There's a pic posting tutorial on the Support Forum that may help. Anxious to see your first piece.

Patrick Taylor
09-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Man... these new guys and their invisible turnings! I have GOT to learn that finish! :eek:

Welcome John! I look forward to seeing your pics. :)

Dennis Peacock
09-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Welcome John and don't worry about your turnings. Most of us started out with turnings that looked like they came right off the back of a pickup truck traveling down a gravel road at 90 MPH!!!! I still have a couple of my first turnings and it's amazing at the difference between how I was turning then and how far I've progressed.

Just post your pics and let us see how you're doing.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-12-2007, 12:43 AM
John......We all started turning pretty crude turnings....but with time, experience and mileage most of us start turning some nice things.
Keep at it .....you'll improve!

Hey I can even turn things recognizeable other than bonkers!:D

Doug Thompson
09-12-2007, 1:02 AM
John,
Keep trying to upload your pictures.

Sign and date each one and never throw them away. I still have my first turning made 30 some years ago and it's still fun to look at when I go into the attic.

Bobby Perry
09-12-2007, 7:49 AM
John......We all started turning pretty crude turnings....but with time, experience and mileage most of us start turning some nice things.
Keep at it .....you'll improve!

Hey I can even turn things recognizeable other than bonkers!:DBut not all of us :D

TYLER WOOD
09-12-2007, 9:52 AM
What are you trying to say Bob, are you insinuating I don't turn nice stiff??? Huh, huh, huh......come on buddy bring it on!!!!:p