PDA

View Full Version : You'd think I'd learn

Gary Herrmann
09-11-2007, 7:29 PM
I've had surgery on both knees (more than once - thats how stupid I am). Dove for a ball Friday before last - thought I torqued the elbow a bit. Nope. Tore the biceps tendon. Talking to the surgeon Thursday - probably have surgery next week. Supposedly can't use the arm for much other than range of motion stretching for 4-6 weeks !?! Geez, I hope thats an exaggeration.

Argh. No sports. No shop time. Can't even work in the yard - well, that isn't a terrible thing. Looks like reading and college football for awhile.

Well, I guess I have one undamaged limb left...

Go Gators

Signed,

An aging ex-jock who should stop thinking he can keep up with kids in their 20s

Brian Weick
09-11-2007, 7:48 PM
Gary,
Sorry to hear the news about your arm-:( that's a bummer. I hope the healing process expedites along quickly. Look at it this way Gary - you can now take that off time and read some great woodworking books and magazines! There are +/- to everything - look on the bright side ~ :) !
Brian

Jim O'Dell
09-11-2007, 8:04 PM
And here I thought I was overdoing it working on my shop roof! WOW!! Sorry to hear you'll be sidlined for a while. Make the best of it, and do your rehab. (seems like I've told you that before??) Jim.

Jim Becker
09-11-2007, 9:15 PM
Hmm...I bet SWMBO makes you go shopping, too... :D :D :D

(Sorry to hear that surgery is necessary...no fun at all)

Ken Fitzgerald
09-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Sorry to hear about you injury Gary! Don't be too hard on yourself.

Belinda Barfield
09-12-2007, 8:56 AM
Supposedly can't use the arm for much other than range of motion stretching for 4-6 weeks !?! Geez, I hope thats an exaggeration.

Go Gators

Signed,

Sorry to hear about your injury Gary. 4 to 6 weeks, sadly, isn't an exaggeration. Don't rush your rehab as it is my understanding that this is a difficult injury to heal and a repeat of the surgery won't be fun. That being said, I wish you a speedy recovery!

Go Dawgs!

Dennis Peacock
09-12-2007, 9:01 AM
Argh. No sports. No shop time. Can't even work in the yard - well, that isn't a terrible thing. Looks like reading and college football for awhile.

Well, I guess I have one undamaged limb left...

Go Gators

Signed,

Man of man Gary.......sorry to hear that. But haven't you learned yet that us older folks can't do like we used to in sports by trying to keep up with the younger folk?? I used to play basketball, baseball, volleyball, football, tennis, and I even wrestled for a bit but I opted to wrestle cows instead of people because I liked the cows better. ;)

Here's hoping that you get well quickly.