PDA

View Full Version : Lee Valley A Very Pleasant Surprise

Graham Skinner
09-11-2007, 7:11 PM
Hi All.

I just got home from work and found a cheque from Lee Valley in my post, apparently I bought a Kreg bandsaw fence from them, that has now had a price reduction in their new catalog and they have refunded the difference.
I must say that I have never before experienced such an extraordinarily good service (I had to sit down and think about it for a minute, because to me it’s pretty unbelievable that a store I bought a product from, at a price I was happy to pay, had decided that I was due a refund and sent it without me even having to ask for it).

Anyway, a big thanks to Rob Lee and Lee Valley for their exceptional service to their customers.

Thanks for reading this…Graham…

Jim Dunn
09-11-2007, 7:31 PM
Now that's customer service. I'm not used to refunding money to my customers, course most of our sales costs just keep going up and up and upppp.

Jim Becker
09-11-2007, 7:36 PM
I have heard of this happening with this vendor...and I love to purchase from them simply because they have the best customer service on the planet.

Bill Huber
09-11-2007, 7:48 PM
That is great, Lowes will do that same thing for up to 30 days.
I bought a drop in stove and 2 weeks later it was on sale for half of what I paid, went back with the receipt and no problem they gave me the difference.

Phil Thien
09-11-2007, 7:52 PM
That is great, Lowes will do that same thing for up to 30 days.
I bought a drop in stove and 2 weeks later it was on sale for half of what I paid, went back with the receipt and no problem they gave me the difference.

Yeah, but that isn't the same. It would only be the same if Lowes AUTOMATICALLY sent you a refund.

Paul Hendrickson
09-11-2007, 8:23 PM
I would say that their decision to give it WITHOUT asking is why they have so many loyal customers. Also hooray to LV for only selling quality items when the majority of companies seem to go as cheap as possible.

Count me as another longtime loyal customer.

Allen Grimes
09-11-2007, 8:43 PM
Wow, Graham that is simply awesome.
I have heard of this happening with this vendor...and I love to purchase from them simply because they have the best customer service on the planet.I haven't dealt with everybody on the planet, but I'm sure that you are right. I have a great story that I've been meaning to post about Lee Valley as well. But I need to get some pics prepared first.

Lee Valley is awesome, if they sold everything I needed, I'd buy everything from them, even if it cost more. I love the guys.

Graham Skinner
09-11-2007, 9:00 PM
I agree Allen, I only get my hand tools from them now, but I have also got some good deals on Japanese chisels from a guy selling on ebay.

Allen Grimes
09-11-2007, 9:07 PM
Well, I'd never suggest that you should not buy from anybody else, just that I appreciate them so much that I'll give them my business before I'll give it to anybody else if I am given the chance.

Greg Cuetara
09-11-2007, 10:23 PM
I decided to make my first plunge with LV this past weekend. I placed my order around midnight saturday night....got an email right away that my order was received then on Monday morning I received an email that my items were shipped and it looks like they should be here tomorrow or thursday. So far I am very impressed.

With all of the bad customer service problems we all hear about it is good to show praise when good things happen.

nick brigg
09-11-2007, 11:04 PM
when i was in cabinetmaking school everyone of my teachers raved about lee valley, i ordered a few things and yes, 10/10! but when i got a cheque from them due to a price reduction, it just further solidifies their name. Oh yeah..they're Canadian too :D:D

great company!!!

Gary Keedwell
09-11-2007, 11:26 PM
"Oh yeah..they're Canadian too "

:D:D

:eek: We won't hold that against them;) :D

Gary K.

nick brigg
09-11-2007, 11:32 PM
"Oh yeah..they're Canadian too "

:D:D

:eek: We won't hold that against them;) :D

Gary K.

uh huh, i know you're jealous gary, its ok :)

Gary Keedwell
09-11-2007, 11:40 PM
uh huh, i know you're jealous gary, its ok :)
:D Your right I'm jealous....We don't have a Lee Valley down here in the good old USA.:D :D ;)

Gary K.

Rob Lee
09-12-2007, 7:19 AM
Hi Graham -

Thanks for buying from us in the first place... :)

Cheers -

Rob

Nate Rogers
09-12-2007, 7:25 AM
I also have had nothing but great feelings for lee valley, everything is always easy and quick!! Another company I think a lot of is toolsforwoodworking.com, they carry top of line hand tools and the service is second to none!!!

Nate

Scott Brihn
09-12-2007, 9:15 AM
Lee Valley is the best. I wonder if this will apply to the Leigh FMT. I notice the price has dropped approximately 15% from when I purchased.

Dan Lee
09-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Yep great company. I had a small refund check sent automatically several years ago made me a customer for life.

Don't know how much they refund after the new catalogs come out but its gotta be a drop in the bucket compared to the long term loyalty and sales it generates.

Now if they only had a west coast distribution point so I didn't have to wait for a week plus to get those much anticipated packages:)

John Revilla
09-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Another happy Lee Valley customer here. Lee Valley's products are awesome and priced reasonably. Customer service is one of a kind, ensuring peace of mind for the customer. Godspeed.

Ed Falis
09-12-2007, 1:54 PM
I said it in another thread about LV, and I'll say it again here. If all businesses were run with the kind of integrity and orientation that LV shows, the world would be a lot better place for all of us.

Heather Thompson
10-14-2007, 8:00 PM
Not my intention to bump this up, but I took a class at Rosewood Studio in 2005 in Almonte On, had the pleasure of having dinner with Leonard Lee, charming person. His commitment to customer service has definitely been carried forward by his offspring. I ordered some equipment from their company and made a mistake on my end, called customer service to explain my situation, they sent out the replacements and told me to wait for receipt so I could use the shipping carton to return the other equipment. In the shipping carton I found a pre-paid shipping label to send back the equipment I ordered in error, also received a hand written letter thanking me for the return of the equipment. Customer service that far exceeds my expectations, very rare.... :D

Heather

Gary Keedwell
10-14-2007, 8:51 PM
Yea, a good company starts from the top-on- down. Just ask Home Depot ha! ha! ha! :)
Gary

Eddie Darby
10-15-2007, 7:19 AM
I can top that...:D.

I have received a refund cheque and also some parts in the mail, from LV, all unexpected.

Tyler Howell
10-15-2007, 9:22 AM
Great Company.
The could easily coax me out of all my money if they tried a little harder.:D

Marcus Ward
10-15-2007, 11:11 AM
I ordered a tail vise screw from them a few weeks ago and the handle was a little cocked, causing the face to rack with every revolution. I emailed them and immediately got an email back letting me know another one was on the way with a prepaid mailer to return the old one. I wish all businesses were like Lee Valley. It'd make life so much easier. Thanks guys.