PDA

View Full Version : Minimax MM16 Lower Guide

Robert Strasser
09-11-2007, 5:16 PM
I've read complaints about the weak attachment for the lower guide because the long bracket is held by only one bolt. So when I looked at my new MM16, I noticed there is an additional tapped hole right above the lower guide mounting hole. It is tapped for the same M10X80X1.5 bolt. So I got a bolt and figured out the correct spacers and washers to add some more support to the lower guide. The attached photo shows my efforts. Is this additional tapped hole a new MM16 feature?

Mike Spanbauer
09-11-2007, 5:23 PM
must be, it isn't present on my 19 mo old vintage mm16.

I've never had an issue with mine though.

mike

Bill Reed
09-11-2007, 6:10 PM
Robert,

My brand new MM16 has the double holes. Your idea looks really good to me. But I'm having another problem with my lower guides. The Minimax technical guys are telling me that I should run narrow blades in the center of the wheel, but my lower guides can't be positioned far enough back to allow this to happen. Have you tried narrow blades (say 1/4") on your saw and do you have a similar problem?

Bill

Robert Strasser
09-11-2007, 6:53 PM
I probably will not be using a narrow blade on my MM16. I have a Delta 14 inch for curves. I'm using a 3/4 inch woodslicer that is working very well so far.

Jim Becker
09-11-2007, 7:30 PM
I seem to remember something about turning some portion of the lower guide support around for narrow blades...but can't recall or find the reference.

Bill Reed
09-11-2007, 8:01 PM
I probably will not be using a narrow blade on my MM16. I have a Delta 14 inch for curves. I'm using a 3/4 inch woodslicer that is working very well so far.

Well, if your machine is just like mine, you certainly won't be using narrow blades on it. I would think you would want to know whether it is possible to do so without modification of the machine.