PDA

View Full Version : Flea markets

Stephen Nelson
09-11-2007, 8:14 AM
Anyone know of any flea markets around Findlay Ohio? I'm up here from Tx working for a few weeks and would like to check outg the old tools for sale in this part of the country. Thanks

Matt Meiser
09-11-2007, 9:23 AM
I'm a little ove ran hour north of there. No good ones in the immediate area that I know of. We go over to Hartville, OH once a year and have gone to one down south of Dayton once. Neither have any incredible collections of old tools. Regardless, I still come home with something shop-related every time I go to Hartville.

There's no direct route to Hartville from Findlay. I think you'd probably have to go up to Toledo on I-75 to the Turnpike, over to Cleveland, the south on 77(?) towards Akron/Canton which would make for a pretty long drive.

In Findlay there is a huge antique mall at the most northern Findlay exit of I-75. There is another big one in Toledo at Reynolds Rd. and the Turnpike. Both have 1-2 old tool dealers and other tools spread around. Harbor Freight is right on the other side of the turnpike on Reynolds and Woodcraft is about 2 miles north of there at Airport Highway and Reynolds. I'm sure they aren't any different than the ones in Texas, but it is a way to kill time.

Don't bother heading down 15 towards Columbus. There is NOTHING down there! We used to joke that if you didn't eat in Findlay you pretty much weren't going to eat until Delaware which is almost to Columbus. There still isn't much on the way and what is there is typical chains.

David Tiell
09-11-2007, 12:20 PM
I will second Matt's suggestion on the antique mall on I-75 just north of Findlay. I was there last week, and there were some tools there that I consider reasonably priced. I almost went back to buy some very nice planes in a booth in the back, but ended up returning to MD before I got the chance. You just missed the Tiffin flea market about 15 miles away, but there really wasn't much there in the way of tools.

Good luck with your hunt!

Stephen Nelson
09-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Thanks guys, planning to go to Cleveland this weekend.

Matt Meiser
09-11-2007, 1:24 PM
Thanks guys, planning to go to Cleveland this weekend.

Oh, then you won't be that far from Hartville.

Hartville Hardware
http://www.hartvillehardware.com/

Hartville Marketplace (flea market)
http://www.hartvillemarketplace.com/