PDA

View Full Version : Another one caught in the vortex

Bobby Perry
09-10-2007, 10:43 PM
My son and his friend came over to help me in my shop today with some sheetrock hanging. We did what we could then I let them turn a couple of pens. My son has done this before. They are both hooked now. Both of them work in hospitals and want to make pens for now. Just before my son went home he said if I wanted to get him something for Xmas then a mini lathe would be great. I think that might be what he gets, with some kits to get them started and a set of tools for turning pens.

He wanted to take my Jet miniVS home with him but he didn't:D

Pete Jordan
09-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Oh, give it to him Bobby and buy a Mustard or two.

Brian Weick
09-10-2007, 11:51 PM
My son and his friend came over to help me in my shop today with some sheetrock hanging. We did what we could then I let them turn a couple of pens. My son has done this before. They are both hooked now. Both of them work in hospitals and want to make pens for now. Just before my son went home he said if I wanted to get him something for Xmas then a mini lathe would be great. I think that might be what he gets, with some kits to get them started and a set of tools for turning pens.

He wanted to take my Jet miniVS home with him but he didn't:D

Bob,
that is the best thing that a father can share with his son- Something to relate to ~ together! ~ Priceless! I think that you create a very strong bond when you can relate with your son and share your admirations with him as he does with you - and better yet - do them together! and on a lathe- you got it easy Bob! Ballisimo! :)
Happy turnings Bob:)
Brian

Ken Fitzgerald
09-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Congrats Bobby! There's the excuse you needed to upgrade! Of course.....Andy will vote for Mayo!:D

Bobby Perry
09-11-2007, 7:33 AM
Congrats Bobby! There's the excuse you needed to upgrade! Of course.....Andy will vote for Mayo!:D
I already did my upgrade, remember 1642 Jet.:D

Ken Fitzgerald
09-11-2007, 8:31 AM
Bobby......He'll say that's Mayo Light!:D

Dennis Peacock
09-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Well now....nothing like reeling in a few extra "fish" into the vortex. :rolleyes: :D