PDA

View Full Version : Bill Pentz's Site

Chris Parks
09-10-2007, 10:01 PM
I have just tried to access Bill's site and a lot of it is not working, has any one else had this issue. I was trying to get into ducting and all the related stuff.

Jason Beam
09-10-2007, 10:35 PM
He's moving things around it looks like:

http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/index.cfm

Tom Veatch
09-11-2007, 1:45 AM
Like Jason said, it appears he's reorganizing his site. Some of the links work but many of them throw 404 errors. I interpret that to mean that either the pages have been moved to a new location and the links haven't been updated yet, or vice versa, the links are updated but the content hasn't reached the new location. I'd give it a few days.

It's been a while since I did any web server administration, but, as I recall, depending on how the server is configured, an entry is logged when errors like those are generated so the webmaster should be aware which links are still disconnected.

Kinda strange to do that kind of change on a live/production system. We always tried to make changes in a test environment and move it to production after everything was verified.

Chris Parks
09-11-2007, 5:42 AM
I recieved this from Bill today, it explains what he is up to.......

<It is going to be a problem for about a month as I'm installing a whole new
version which is incompatible with the old code. I will try and get all
converted over as soon as possible. Sorry, but I was pretty much forced into
this revision by repeated attacks from the vendor community that have long
been bordering on my needing to take legal action against them.>

This man is the best. He took the time to write to me, someone who he doesn't know. Thanks Bill.

Roy Clarke
09-11-2007, 5:46 AM
Go to "Announcements" on his site. PS worth sending him a contribution to keep it going. :wink:

Bart Leetch
09-11-2007, 10:36 AM
There is value in these discussions on dust control but only if they are restricted to technical information rather than the merits and problems of various equipment vendors or website publishers. This is a true statement so how about some technical information. There are those of us that are interested as long as it doesn't get to deep.

Matt Meiser
09-11-2007, 10:51 AM
I think most people just want to know what works at the price range they can afford or are willing to pay. Like anything else, we have to weigh vendor claims.

Art Mann
09-11-2007, 11:30 AM
There is value in these discussions on dust control but only if they are restricted to technical information rather than the merits and problems of various equipment vendors or website publishers. This is a true statement so how about some technical information. There are those of us that are interested as long as it doesn't get to deep.

The original poster was asking about the status of Bill Pentz's website. That question is not too far off base, since it is used as a technical reference by some people. However, it was not an inquiry about technical information. If we want to exchange technical information, perhaps we should start a new thread with specific DC topics.

Zahid Naqvi
09-11-2007, 6:55 PM
the OP just asked a question about Bill's website, let's not turn this into a debate on merits and demerits of dust collection systems.

Jim Kountz
09-11-2007, 8:18 PM
I concur Zahid!!

Jim