PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody installed a Biesemeyer on a RIDGID TS3650?

Jason White
09-10-2007, 4:52 PM
I'd love to see a picture if you have. Did you have to modify the rails at all?

Here's a picture of the RIDGID so people can see what I'm talking about...

JW

rocky brown
09-11-2007, 12:57 AM
hi jason-

i almost did. i took the original rails off and was ready to go but the holes in the fence didn't line up with the holes in the saw. i thought about drilling but decided to wait til i had more time to fool around with it. then sears had that big sale on the 22114 and the 22124 last weekend so i ended up buying one of them and selling the 3650.

rb

Jason White
09-11-2007, 2:08 PM
Interesting. I'm actually thinking of just saving the Biesemeyer for the day I get my "dream" cabinet saw. The factory fence on the RIDGID is actually quite good in my opinion.

JW

hi jason-

i almost did. i took the original rails off and was ready to go but the holes in the fence didn't line up with the holes in the saw. i thought about drilling but decided to wait til i had more time to fool around with it. then sears had that big sale on the 22114 and the 22124 last weekend so i ended up buying one of them and selling the 3650.

rb

rocky brown
09-11-2007, 2:27 PM
i thought the original fence on the ridgid was good too- till i tried the bessie on the craftsman. i had the 3650 for about a year so i'm not knocking the saw, but when i fired up the craftsman a couple of days ago it was obvious that it's a major step up. the fence is much more solid and accurate than what i was used to.

if i were you i would put the bessie on now and enjoy the benefits of using it till you get your dream saw.

rb

Jim Heffner
09-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Jason, if you decide to replace the stock 3650 rails with the Biese fence and rails, you will have to remove the stock fence and rails from the saw.
The stock rails are not compatible with the Biese. Biesemeyer and it's clones use a totally different type rail than your stock fence system
does. I have the Delta T-2 fence and rails on my saw (Biese clone) and I like it a lot better than the stock one that came with the saw, it is a big
upgrade in my opinion.

Jeff Raymond
09-26-2007, 8:42 PM
I recently got a Biesemeyer on my Unisaw X. Prior to that I had a Unifence.

I am about ready to throw away the B as it is a great disappointment in actual use. The Unifence, I believe, is a much better fence and more durable.

Try to use the B before you commit to it. I succumbed to the mob rule of the B and regret it very much.

Just 2 cents worth.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-26-2007, 9:05 PM
The fence on my TS3650 seems to serve me well.

Raney Nelson
09-28-2007, 12:05 PM
I installed a Biese on my 3650 a few weeks ago. It involved drilling for the front rail (very easy) and some slight cutting on the rear rail to accomodate the trunnion adjustment and motor tilt. Altogether about a 2-3 hour job I'd say.

It was worth it to me for the exteremly low price I got the fence for, and I do think it's an improvement. Having said that, though, I think the stock ridigd fence was quite good, and I would never have paid $400 (or even $200) to do this.

Greg Sznajdruk
09-28-2007, 3:48 PM
I initially thought the Ridgid fence was a good design. I installed the Accusquare fence on my Ridgid and it made a world of difference.

Since I've bought a Unisaw with Unifence. I'd have to give away the Ridgid since used tools seem to be worth very little, it is now relegated to a permanent dado set up.

Greg