PDA

View Full Version : Woodworker in California not guilty

Jim O'Dell
09-10-2007, 4:32 PM
Have you seen this? Hope he works in a kick-back free zone!!! :eek: I'm starting to wonder about you Californians.Jim. :D

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20687879/

Mike Henderson
09-10-2007, 5:45 PM
What was the woodworker not guilty of?

Mike

Nancy Laird
09-10-2007, 5:52 PM
Huh? Is there supposed to be a link?

Gary Keedwell
09-10-2007, 5:54 PM
Huh? Is there supposed to be a link?
Took the words out of my mouth, Nancy:p
Gary K.

Jim O'Dell
09-10-2007, 5:56 PM
I can't believe I didn't copy the link into the post. :o :o :o :o
Sorry! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20687879/

Nancy Laird
09-10-2007, 6:01 PM
Well, do you recall the huge upheaval years ago when women were writing to Ann Landers about doing housework in the nude? Same principle. If he's comfortable doing it, he's behind four walls, and he's alone, let him do what he wants to do. He'd just better close the blinds and hang a bell above all the doors so he isn't surprised by unanticipated visitors.

Nancy (102 days)

Rich Engelhardt
09-10-2007, 6:19 PM
Well, do you recall the huge upheaval years ago when women were writing to Ann Landers about doing housework in the nude?
Hello,
Yep - sure do.
My all time favorite Dear ____(fill in the blank) came from that topic.
One day this woman was doing her laundry sans cloths. She was downstairs in the basement. Unknown to her, her husband had let the furnace repairman in before leaving for work. (Seems hubby didn't know about his wife's little secret.)
Anyhow, she picks up a load of cloths, and notices her son's football helmet underneath the pile. Having nowhere else to put the helmet, she puts it on her head.
She turns around, stark naked except for the helmet, and finds herself face to face with the repairman.
The repairman, in a very nonchalant manner says "Hope your team won lady", and walked up the stairs and out the door.
:D

Mark Engel
09-10-2007, 6:25 PM
Hey, he was trying to keep his clothes clean. Clothes ain't cheap, you know. Or detergent.

Ken Werner
09-10-2007, 6:30 PM
I thought it's poor practice to have anything dangling or loose near spinning power tools.

Ken

Nancy Laird
09-10-2007, 7:13 PM
I thought it's poor practice to have anything dangling or loose near spinning power tools.

Ken

Groan!!!:p :p :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nancy (102 days)

glenn bradley
09-10-2007, 7:45 PM

Ken

That was my first thought.

Peter Stahl
09-11-2007, 6:04 AM
That will keep the dust out of your pocket. Does he wear a tool belt?

Frank Kobilsek
09-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Last year in my small home town an odd 'gentlemen' was arrested for being naked in the laundry mat. He just wanted to wash all of his clothes while he was there.

Frank

TYLER WOOD
09-11-2007, 4:59 PM
Hmmmm,sharp bladed power tools??? Nothing I want to be caught naked around! Just thinking about the damage. Shudder.....:eek:

Jim Becker
09-11-2007, 7:09 PM
I'd be more concerned about splinters than the power tools, frankly...:eek:

Rob Russell
09-11-2007, 8:30 PM
At least he's a woodworker and not a welder ... :rolleyes:

Jim Becker
09-11-2007, 9:16 PM
At least he's a woodworker and not a welder ... :rolleyes:

OOOOOOWwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan Hovis
09-12-2007, 11:38 AM
My location is rural enough I can go outside naked. Router chips might be annoying though, I'll pass on the naked woodworking.

Leigh Costello
09-13-2007, 1:01 AM
Not totally related, but hubby got a show Tuesday evening when I inadvertantly splished splashed some acid based filter cleaner on me. I had no idea I could strip that fast and that acid could ruin perfectly good clothes so quickly. And well water is just plain freaking cold! :eek:

No wonder our swimming pool filters are snowy white after cleaning. (Unlike my now holey sneakers, shorts, shirt etc.):D

Gary Herrmann
09-13-2007, 3:26 AM
You gotta wonder if he tells his clients or just kinda surprises them with it.

Using tools and being nekkid. Hmm. Nope. Can't think of a reason I'd ever do that.

Jude Kingery
09-13-2007, 4:09 AM
We have a friend who thinks I could sell my work for three times as much if I advertised: "turned this bowl while topless in Texas," makes me laugh and no - I don't turn topless. He just thinks it's funny to tease me I should. I tell him nah, safety glasses and some clothing protection and boots are important, although I do turn sleeveless, I don't wany any loose sleeves, cuffs near rapid RPM's and chuck jaws. But shoot far as what people want to do in their own homes, house work, wood work, long as nobody's hurt nor offended nor children around, then that's their business. Jude

Jim Dunn
09-13-2007, 7:20 PM

Ken

No big problem here:eek:

John Hemenway
09-14-2007, 5:02 PM
To me the most shocking thing in that article is that Berkeley has a ban on public nudity! :) I'm shocked to find they ban anything. :o