PDA

View Full Version : $80 biesemeyer fence

Brian Keith
09-10-2007, 3:47 PM
How are all of you finding these deals? I live in souther Maine and was at a local Lowes today looking for this fence. I finally talked to a salesmen and he checked the computer and there was one in Maine about 5 hours from me but they wouldnt budge from $200. So what is the trick? Do not all of the lowes carry these? I looked at the lowes website for all of the stores in southern Maine, ran the stock number and name and came up with nothing. I even tried stores in other states that members said there were some left but came up with none. Should I call the local stoes and give them the stock number instead of looking it up online? Thanks

Jim O'Dell
09-10-2007, 4:36 PM
It is a clearance item, and therefore up the the individual manager what to sell them for. A lot of times, the inventory shows a store to have several, only to get there and none can be found. When you only inventory the store twice a year, it takes a while to find out something is missing. By the same token, sometimes a store shows to not have something, yet there are 3 of them on the shelves. That happened a lot at Home Depot with the Herc-U-Lifts when they were being closed out. Jim.

Jason White
09-10-2007, 4:37 PM
$200 is still a very good deal on a $400 Biesemeyer fence. I'd grab it while you can.

JW

How are all of you finding these deals? I live in souther Maine and was at a local Lowes today looking for this fence. I finally talked to a salesmen and he checked the computer and there was one in Maine about 5 hours from me but they wouldnt budge from $200. So what is the trick? Do not all of the lowes carry these? I looked at the lowes website for all of the stores in southern Maine, ran the stock number and name and came up with nothing. I even tried stores in other states that members said there were some left but came up with none. Should I call the local stoes and give them the stock number instead of looking it up online? Thanks

David Weaver
09-10-2007, 4:58 PM
I agree. I paid a lot more than that for 50" front and rear rails and a board when I wanted to go from 30" to 50".

If you have a lesser copy, once you go to the full deal, you won't be sad that you did.

Eric Gustafson
09-10-2007, 7:36 PM
If the Lowes in your area does not budge on the price, check Ebay. A lot of the fences were scooped up by individuals who are reselling in Ebay. You won't get the lowest price, but you can still get a deal.