PDA

View Full Version : Lots of firsts!

John Lock
09-10-2007, 8:36 AM
My parents 50th anniversary is approaching and contrary to their "No gifts" request, I couldn't resist trying to make something to celebrate this milestone! There were lots of firsts in this for me: first time with captured rings, first attempt at anything goblet-like, trying to make the opening for the glass flutes...

Anyway, I plan to present them at their anniversary party when my siblings and I prepare to make the toasts, hopefully they enjoy having them as much as I enjoyed making them.

Steve Schlumpf
09-10-2007, 8:51 AM
Very unique idea John! Very nice work! I am sure your folks will love them!

Jim Becker
09-10-2007, 8:57 AM
A gift from your hands is "very different" than trotting out to the mall, IMHO, and those are really nice! (But you might want to ask your siblings first if they are kewel with the idea for presentation)

Christopher K. Hartley
09-10-2007, 12:50 PM
John, a fabulous tribute for 50 years. I know they will be touched by it. A personalized gift from Heart and Hand. Good Job!:)

Paul Engle
09-10-2007, 4:48 PM
Way cool John, nice shape.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-10-2007, 5:26 PM
John..... I'm sure your parents will cherish it! Nicely done sir!

PS....one of the first projects I turned was a goblet similar to yours for my daughter wedding in August of 2006. I had it engraved with the date and the couples names.

Bernie Weishapl
09-10-2007, 7:53 PM
John those are beauties. I am sure your parents will love them.

Dennis Peacock
09-10-2007, 8:54 PM
Most excellent John!!!! Beautiful piece for a very wonderful gift and occassion. You did "good". :D