PDA

View Full Version : End-O-Pond Indiana Picnic

Ken Salisbury
03-03-2003, 9:57 AM
I made my reservations this morning at the Econolodge (1-765-644-4422) for Apr 11 & 12. Ray Thompson has a group of rooms blocked out there that you can call and snatch one up. I understand the attendance list may reach as many as 100 or more. I would be willing to share a room with anyone who is interested in saving a little loot. (p.s. a smoking room). This get together should easily top any previous Pond get together. I am really looking forward to meeting both old and new friends. Being as senile as I am I meet new people every day :D

Mark Kauder
03-03-2003, 10:55 AM
Ken,
Since I have finally met you, I guess that I could sleep with you, errrrr That did not come out right - I mean share a room with you.

Was looking for someone to split a room with anyway.

Mark

Ken Salisbury
03-03-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Mark Kauder
Ken,
Since I have finally met you, I guess that I could sleep with you, errrrr That did not come out right - I mean share a room with you.

Was looking for someone to split a room with anyway.

Mark Be careful Mark --- What are people going to think if we keep meeting like this.

Great - I have a double room with 2 queensize beds reserved for 11th and 12th.

Diane Maluso
03-03-2003, 1:06 PM
Hey folks... Is there an official post about this gathering yet? I'm pretty sure I'm going to get out there but need more info about location, schedule, etc.

Is it too cold to camp in that area in April?

Diane

Ken Salisbury
03-03-2003, 1:19 PM
Originally posted by Diane Maluso
Hey folks... Is there an official post about this gathering yet? I'm pretty sure I'm going to get out there but need more info about location, schedule, etc.

Is it too cold to camp in that area in April?

Diane
Diane --- Ray Thompson is the host --- he is a member here -- maybe he will see your post and respond --- if he doesn't you can e-mail him and he will put you on the e-mail list when more details are forthcoming. The thing is in Anderson, Indiana April 12th

Ted Shrader
03-03-2003, 1:24 PM
Originally posted by Ken Salisbury
Ray Thompson is the host --- he is a member here -- maybe he will see your post and respond --- if he doesn't you can e-mail him and he will put you on the e-mail list when more details are forthcoming. The thing is in Anderson, Indiana April 12th

Ray -

I am trying to work my schedule so I can come out your way. Can you add me to the e-mail list.
Thanks,
Ted

Kurt Krauter in Indy
03-03-2003, 3:31 PM
The old saying goes in Indiana weather " If you don't like the weather..just wait an hour and it will change". That being said..typically by the middle of April you can count on the weather being in the mid 50's to 60's on a consistent basis.

April is when we get a lot of rain (for the May flowers)..but things really start getting green pretty quickly. A good rule of thumb for die hard hoosiers is that once the IN state boys basketball tournament gets over (end of March) there is usually no more bad weather (but a big snowstorm could hit the night of the finals). It usually melts pretty fast.

We have had a lot of snow this winter so I would imagine that the ground will be pretty damp for camping, but, Ray has a big field next to his barns that appeared to have a fairly high spot on it. Bring some visqueen to put under your tent and you should be fine. Remember....it could be 30 degrees one day and literally 70 degrees the next.

Can't wait til "April Madness" in Anderson!!!!
KurtK - just 25 miles south of Anderson

Jason Roehl
03-03-2003, 6:19 PM
I had either Keith or Aaron put it on the calendar (in the top row of buttons on this page), but I didn't put any details on there, as I figured that responsibility would fall to Ray. I haven't seen him around here for a little while, so we may have to go over to WC to get him making announcements.

Jason

Gary Hern
03-03-2003, 8:10 PM
I look forward to meeting everyone. I've met a bunch of people at Jen's get together and the PonderPalooza, but this looks like a blow out to end all blow outs! I'll be there with the stubby in tow. I think my wife is going to come along, so I probably won't get to come out till Friday evening.

Looking forward to meeting new friends and visiting with old friends! Ken, I guess you fit into both catagories! ;-)

Jason Roehl
03-03-2003, 8:14 PM
Originally posted by Gary Hern

Looking forward to meeting new friends and visiting with old friends! Ken, I guess you fit into both catagories! ;-)

Hahahahahahahaha! Hohohohohohoho!

Ray Thompson
03-03-2003, 10:50 PM
I'm here,,,,, but briefly each day. We poured the footer for the house last week and I am meeting subs every day this week plus trying to get in some shop time.

I just posted a new thread and put Diane and Ted on the list.

Ray

Theresa Keihn
03-04-2003, 12:49 AM
Diane,

I believe Indiana State Parks open back up for the season the beginning of April. Mounds State Park is just on the edge of Anderson. As someone posted earlier...it's hard to tell what the weather will be like. But isn't that part of the fun of camping?

Theresa

Dennis Peacock
03-04-2003, 1:58 AM
Look out Indy.....!!! The back woods boys from Arkansas and one Okie from Tulsa is going to make the trip.....plans are already in the works.......

<B>Does this mean that I have to wear shoes?</B> :)

You won't miss me....I wear farmer Overalls most of the time when I am not at work.........It's pretty hard to find those overalls with a "round front" on them......but I still do find them... :)

BTW, the Okie is coming to act as our translator!!!

See ya there....