PDA

View Full Version : router table fence

keith ouellette
09-08-2007, 10:30 PM
I am building a router table and am thinking of useing a micro adjust fence in my plans like the freud sh-5, incra ls17, or incra universal positioning jig. Does anyone have any advice on these products or others that may be better. I would welcom any input on the table and cabnet design. The only thing I'm sure of is that I will be using a Hitatchie mv12 because I already own it.

Jim O'Dell
09-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Keith, after watching a demonstration of the Incra LS positioner, and the Joint-tech (IIRC) equivalent at a Woodworking Show about 4 years ago, I decided on the Incra. I've had it for 3 years now :o and it's pretty obvious from my thread with the question of the PRL installation, mine is still in the box! I'm also in the process of building my router table. If you are close to a Woodworking Show before the time you want to buy the fence, I'd say go and see the different ones in action. All of the ones that have the real fine adjustments should be great. I was also amazed at how versatile the Summerfields designed fence system worked, and it is very simple. Low tech actually. But it doesn't lend itself to the micro-adjustability of the others, and may not be as versitile when it comes to making box joints, dovetail or square. Jim.