PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Arvin Brown
01-30-2004, 12:45 PM
My name is Arvin Brown and I have been reading the posts now for a couple weeks. I finally decided to introduce myself to the group. I live in Duluth, GA (suburb of Atlanta). I have enjoyed reading the posts on this website and have learned a great deal so far. I became interested in woodworking while in college. I was living with my Uncle one summer and he introduced me to his next door neighbor - Dale Nish. Dale showed me his woodturning shop in his basement. I took a woodworking class the very next semester at BYU and I've been hooked ever since. I don't have much time to work on my hobby because of work - I'm a project manager for a paper company so I travel a great deal. I started on a desk for my daughter at the beginning of the school year and she may be lucky to get it by time she graduates! Last year while attending the Woodworking Show in Atlanta I became interested in Pen Turning. I realized that that was something that I could do in a realitve short period of time that I am home. I have also developed my own website while sitting in hotel rooms (first time working with web sites) - (see www link). I am also attaching a few of my favorites. Need to hang up no - leaving for the Woodworking show here in Atlanta. Oh yea - I plan on participating in the Freedom Pen Project. I plan on talking to people at the show (i.e. Woodcraft, Craft Supplies, etc.) and see if I can drum up some support in the Atlanta area. This is truely a fantastic project!

Tyler Howell
01-30-2004, 12:53 PM
Arvin,

That's what I like, a man that comes Armed.....with pictures and a web site.

Welcome. Some beautiful stuff here!

Rob Russell
01-30-2004, 1:16 PM
Nice work - welcome to SMC!

Glenn Clabo
01-30-2004, 1:27 PM
Hey Arvin,
Awesome pens! Welcome to SMC...it's a great place with great folks.

Jason Tuinstra
01-30-2004, 1:28 PM
Arvin, welcome to SMC! Your pens look great. I especially like the pen and pencil set. Nice work.

Chris Padilla
01-30-2004, 1:35 PM
Welcome to the family! Nice pens.

Terry Quiram
01-30-2004, 6:00 PM
Arvin

Welcome. Your pens are wonderful. I really like the antler pen.

Terry

Dave Avery
01-30-2004, 7:55 PM
Hi Arvin,

Nice to meet you, welcome to the Creek. I really like your pends. Dave.