PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit and Gloat

glenn bradley
09-08-2007, 3:59 PM
I paid a visit to our own Scott Andrews this morning. Like many Creekers he was gracious and a true gentleman. I neglected to catch a pic of Scott and his great little shop in the desert. I did manage to get a couple shots of some hardware that was crowding him as he pursues his latest project.

My ex-BIL gave me a deal on a lift gate truck for the journey and with Scott's help a friend and I made the trip home without incident. I arrived prepared to remove the motor for the trip. Please notice the brace that Scott had all ready for me when I arrived.

At the Gar . . shop the unloading was simplified as my neighbor was out in his yard and came over to see what was up. He's big enough to carry this saw by himself. "We" got it in the shop.

Scott demonstrated how improper or non-use of the table pin can result in the uneven surface problem some folks have reported. Perhaps this will help someone if that is a factor on their saw. This one is beautifully flat.

I guess I'll have to delay getting my jointer for awhile longer and ramp up my schedule for my shop electrical build. Thanks again, Scott.

SCOTT ANDREWS
09-08-2007, 5:13 PM
I paid a visit to our own Scott Andrews this morning. Like many Creekers he was gracious and a true gentleman. I neglected to catch a pic of Scott and his great little shop in the desert. I did manage to get a couple shots of some hardware that was crowding him as he pursues his latest project.

My ex-BIL gave me a deal on a lift gate truck for the journey and with Scott's help a friend and I made the trip home without incident. I arrived prepared to remove the motor for the trip. Please notice the brace that Scott had all ready for me when I arrived.

At the Gar . . shop the unloading was simplified as my neighbor was out in his yard and came over to see what was up. He's big enough to carry this saw by himself. "We" got it in the shop.

Scott demonstrated how improper or non-use of the table pin can result in the uneven surface problem some folks have reported. Perhaps this will help someone if that is a factor on their saw. This one is beautifully flat.

I guess I'll have to delay getting my jointer for awhile longer and ramp up my schedule for my shop electrical build. Thanks again, Scott.

Glenn,
Glad you got the saw to it's new home without any incidents.Glenn himself was a pleasure to meet and do business with.He called when he was about 30 minutes away to make sure it was not to early to show up.I found that very respectfull.Enjoy the new saw Glenn.It looks good in your way bigger than my shop.Thanks again.
Scott

Jim C Bradley
09-08-2007, 8:46 PM
Scott,

Boy! Was Glenn ever impressed with you. He praised you up, down and back. I talked with Glenn about 5:40 this afternoon. It sounds like his feet are about a foot off of the floor.

I will be going to help install an electrical sub-panel.

I don't know why I feel so high. It isn't even my saw. OWWTH.

Enjoy,
Jim

SCOTT ANDREWS
09-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Scott,

Boy! Was Glenn ever impressed with you. He praised you up, down and back. I talked with Glenn about 5:40 this afternoon. It sounds like his feet are about a foot off of the floor.

I will be going to help install an electrical sub-panel.

I don't know why I feel so high. It isn't even my saw. OWWTH.

Enjoy,
Jim

Jim
Ditto the impression that Glenn made.I was glad to see it go to a home where the new owner will respect it,just like he does his woodworking and his fellow woodworkers.Take the time to give yourself a pat on the back.After all,they are a reflection of the parent.When you go to wire up the panel,just tell him you have some 12" stock that needs resawing and there's to much of it to haul up there.I appreciate the comment sir.
Scott