PDA

View Full Version : New: Dome Canvass

Thinus Rabie
09-08-2007, 6:26 AM
Hi All ,

I have seen the value of posting a persons laser machine creations on the Creek site. The comments from everyone here can only enhance your product, and I hope the same will happen here.

Therefore comments of any kind will be wonderful !

Please also say if you have seen something exactly the same anywhere in the world. A person always tend to think you are the first person to come up with a new idea, only to find someone else have been doing something, not only better , but also for the last 20 years!

We started calling it a dome canvass because it is not flat. No glue or anything else is used to keep this canvass together. With this concept the options are endless for the creative mind. This dome canvass is targeted at the decorative market.

Instead of the black colour we have done many in different colours.

Thinus Rabie
09-08-2007, 6:33 AM
Sorry , I seem to be incapable to get the picture attached !

Thinus Rabie
09-08-2007, 6:56 AM
Wow ...It seems I was 3 time lucky!!

Stephen Beckham
09-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Thinus,

It is quite unique - I haven't seen anything like it before. Can you give a bit more information about how it's attached if it's not glued? What kind of canvass? What would the intended use be? Or is it purely decorative?

When I think canvas - I'm thinking artist - is this something that an artist would use to create their painting on?

Just curious...

Thinus Rabie
09-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Hi Steve ,

Thanks for the reply , Yes you are 100% correct. It is for artists to paint on. An artist friend just left now with one to paint on, and to my surprise he is not intending to paint an abstract(which was what I thought they would want to paint on it), but is going to paint something else on it.

By late tomorrow afternoon I should be able to post a picture of what he painted.

Regards
Thinus

Steve amazingly enough the frame fits so tightly together that even a some rough handling does not matter.

The actual canvass then just hooks onto the front at a curve, therefore the name doem given to it.

Darren Null
09-08-2007, 12:48 PM
If you scale it up and go light on the curvature, that'd make an awesome video projector screen. Possible $$$.

Al Mutairi
09-08-2007, 3:16 PM
Looks nice , can you try to attach a larger picture to the hyperlinked thumbnail because the one linked now is the same size as the thumbnail.

Al

George Elston
09-08-2007, 3:26 PM
I am intrigued, could you post a shot from more of an angle or a side view, so we could see the curve. What is the size of the finished piece. Is the frame plexi or wood?

Stephen Beckham
09-08-2007, 9:01 PM
Thinus - cool - That should make for an interesting art piece. I do look forward to the pictures...

Steve

Thinus Rabie
09-09-2007, 2:16 AM
Thanks for your replies , I will try my best to add the pictures you both requested .

I am struggling to get pictures done with the limit of 107.8 KB size , and then when you to click on it in the post , to still get bigger like the other people do on the forum. I will probably figure it out some day.

I have other stuff that I would also like to show , but is held back by this issue.

I am planning to post the pictures promised to Steve later today.

Thinus Rabie
09-09-2007, 1:35 PM
Hi All ,

My pretty , wonderful & very helpful wife came to my resque regarding the proper uploading of pictures.

Please look at them and let us know your comments.

The frame is 1 meter by 700 mm in size , and made of 6mm wood , painted ect.

I am even more convinced about the practicality and beauty of the product after the artist painted them for us. Once again the flexibility of the product is so endless (my view) , but would love to hear what the fellow Creekers think about it.

Regards
Thinus

Stephen Beckham
09-09-2007, 2:14 PM
Those are awesome - and you say this fella painted these in a couple days? I'm impressed...

Thinus Rabie
09-09-2007, 2:58 PM
Steven , thanks for the positive feedback.

As difficult it might seem to believe , both were painted this morning by the same artist. Like anything , once artists master their skill, they can paint faster and faster.

Darren Null
09-09-2007, 3:14 PM
Excellent. Respect to you and the artist. Very professional looking pieces.

Thinus Rabie
09-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Thanks for all the feedback from everyone who responded ! It was worth the posting!

Bill Cunningham
09-13-2007, 8:13 PM
Thats a very unique idea.. Thinus you can reduce the size of your picture for web display in photopaint. Simply choose resample, and reduce the pixels to 800 wide, the height will auto re-sample.. Or, change the dpi to 95 and the width to 6-8 inches. Either of these will give you a much smaller picture for the web.. Here's a quick example of one of your pictures

Thinus Rabie
09-14-2007, 8:45 AM
Hi Bill ,

Thanks for the positive feedback , and very helpfull hints regarding the picture loading .
Much appreciated !

Regards

Thinus Rabie
09-19-2007, 11:23 AM
Hi Everyone ,

I am amazed & extremely exited, this same picture with which Bill so kindly explained the resizing concept , sold within two days of hanging in a Gallery!!

Just thought I would share this with you all.

Joni Campbell
09-19-2007, 5:31 PM
Those paintings are beautiful. I am not surprised that they sold so quickly. Congrads on a winner :)