PDA

View Full Version : Atomic Art

Stephen Beckham
09-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Hey guys and gals...

NO - I didn't pay the $5,000... But I did get to see a sample of four tiles today at the Indy show - Pretty cool looking - better than the pictures do justice anywhere online.

2nd NO - I won't be paying the $5,000... I could see a use for it - but not here in small town Kentucky. You'd have to find a customer that appreciated the artwork and the laser qualtity combined with the cost of the finished product.

Anyway - not trying to start up the hornet's nest of pros/cons on the process secrets and cost again. But wanted to weigh in that it's a qualtity image for the price.

And just to keep this post from being all NOs...

Yes - he did keep the secret process from me. He gave me the "It's not too difficult, but I'm not at liberty to explain..." Then he smiled...:D

Ed Kloppenburg
09-07-2007, 10:33 PM
I was at the Indy show yesterday. I was wondering if I saw the same tiles. They were done with a cermark type of compound. I however, if this is what you saw, wasn't too impressed. They were laser tiles and appeared dull. I would agree the one art print they had was ok.

Ed

Stephen Beckham
09-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Ed - they were set off to the side in the Epilog booth. They had a small flyer there but no big signs or advertising. He wasn't trying to sell or promote it - just had it in case someone asked... I saw the Cermark and Thermark images too - I'm pretty sure we saw different items.