PDA

View Full Version : Unsubstantiated rumor.........My trigger finger

Ken Fitzgerald
09-06-2007, 10:36 PM
got itchy.........So I pulled the trigger...........PM3520B...........Finally some mustard.........To be delivered late next week or the following week...it's in stock......I could have it tomorrow......I want that shop finished first!

I also got the 18" bed extension!

Photos to follow when it arrives!:D

Bernie Weishapl
09-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Oh Mr. Fitz you been saying you are going to get that shop done now for 2 yrs.:D:p Now that you got that mustard coming it is going to be 2 more years. :eek::cool::rolleyes:;)

Congrats on the lathe Ken. I am happy for you. Can't wait to see it. You better get humping man that thing could be here is a day or two.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Bernie..Thanks! .it's sitting in the store in Spokane.....they are going to deliver on to the floor of my shop.....When I call them and tell them to deliver it.....I won't make that call until the shop is finished. I've got a lot of work to do over the next 1 1/2 weeks!

Patrick Taylor
09-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Bernie..Thanks! .it's sitting in the store in Spokane.....they are going to deliver on to the floor of my shop.....When I call them and tell them to deliver it.....I won't make that call until the shop is finished. I've got a lot of work to do over the next 1 1/2 weeks!

The only lifting I predict happening is you picking up the receiver and calling for delivery. :eek: GOOD LUCK being that patient! :p;)

Nancy Laird
09-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Oh Mr. Fitz you been saying you are going to get that shop done now for 2 yrs.:D:p Now that you got that mustard coming it is going to be 2 more years. :eek::cool::rolleyes:;)

You're really going to get that monster? I'm proud for you, Ken. :D :D But I'll be even prouder when I see pictures of the finished shop BEFORE the mustard gets there. The line has been drawn!!!

Nancy (106 days)

Jason Clark2
09-06-2007, 11:48 PM
Congrats Ken. You're going to love it. The bed extension is one of my next purchases, I'm debating on whether to mount it in the upper or lower position. I have a 24" piece of African Sumac waiting in my garage.

Jason

Ken Fitzgerald
09-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Jason...It'll go either place. I have had the chance to do some spindle turing and in fact, have a pedestal table I want to turn. I also want to turn some platters......I'll move it as necessary!

Thanks folks...I can't wait.....But I'm gonna miss the diving board.....:confused:

Larry Marley
09-07-2007, 12:48 AM
That's cool Ken!

Paul Heely
09-07-2007, 6:08 AM
Congratulations Ken. I've started to get the itch for a bigger lathe also so I enjoy living vicariously through others :).

Glenn Clabo
09-07-2007, 6:55 AM
I'll get the lawyers working on the name change...how about BigBadBonkers, Inc.

George Guadiane
09-07-2007, 6:58 AM
Congratulations, welcome to the club.

Tony De Masi
09-07-2007, 7:02 AM
Congrats Ken you are going to love that Mustard. I understand this is only a rumor so of course pictures aren't necessary. But if/when it becomes reality pictures will be required to substantiate said rumors.:D

Tony

Alex Cam
09-07-2007, 7:41 AM
Dang it, Ken! You had to go and make me feel inadequate, didn't you? ;)

Benjamin Dahl
09-07-2007, 8:00 AM
Ken, that's great and I see the vortex keeps pulling you deeper. It scares me. Have fun.
Ben

Bobby Perry
09-07-2007, 8:10 AM
You just couldn't stand all the talk about me getting the Jet/:D Congraulations on the mustard.

Pictures :confused::D

Mike Ramsey
09-07-2007, 8:52 AM
CONGRATULATIONS Ken!!! I'm very happy for ya!!! You deserve that fine
new machine!!

Fred Conte
09-07-2007, 8:54 AM
Good for you Ken on your new purchase!!!

A few comments:

Building a new shop is never ending. I started a new shop 24x60 in Dec 2006 and it took me 8 monthes by myself, it's done but there's always something that needs to be done or added. Extra circuits, extra lighting, more workbenches (like for a new lathe:D )

My next major improvement will be insulation and a central ac system - it gets 98F at 90% humidity in the shop - very difficult to work for any length of time.

I don't know how far along you are but my point is if you wait for it to be "finished" it may be a while before you see the "mustard", get it now the shop will get done...eventually...but have some fun in the mean time!:D

Best of luck!

Fred

Ken Fitzgerald
09-07-2007, 8:57 AM
Fred......You don't understand.......All I have left is a little mudding and paint. The inmates here sent me a Jet VS Mini 18months ago. I have done about 30 minutes of work on the shop in 18 months. Of course, I 've turned a bit. I've got over $600 of lighting sitting in the corner under 1/4" of dust. I turn by 2 construction lights on a stand. It's got to get done NOW!:D

Steve Schlumpf
09-07-2007, 9:10 AM
Wow!!! Finally!!! What can I say other than I am extremely happy for you! Looking forward to seeing pics of your new lathe - in the finished shop! Congrats!

Fred Conte
09-07-2007, 9:10 AM
O-O-O-H I see, shame on you!:D So you're going to wait on the "mustard" just for a little mudding and paint!!!:( :confused: :D

I think you need to get your priorities in order!;) :D :D :D :D

I'm finding out that this vortex tends to do that....

Ken Fitzgerald
09-07-2007, 9:18 AM
Fred....Turning to me is the closest thing to instant gratification I've found. In a matter of a few hours, from stump to completed project! I'm hooked!

Alex Cam
09-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Fred......You don't understand.......All I have left is a little mudding and paint. The inmates here sent me a Jet VS Mini 18months ago. I have done about 30 minutes of work on the shop in 18 months. Of course, I 've turned a bit. I've got over $600 of lighting sitting in the corner under 1/4" of dust. I turn by 2 construction lights on a stand. It's got to get done NOW!:D

You obviously aren't ready for the responsibility of owning a serious lathe like that PM. You should call your distributor immediately and have it re-routed to my house. I'll take care of it till you've grown up a bit.:D:D

Frank Kobilsek
09-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Ken,

Here I am breaking the 9th Commandment again 'Coveting my nieghbors goods'. Congratulations!

At the shows I've seen the bed extension mounted low with a special banjo so you can 'outboard' turn larger platters. Next order that special banjo.

Therapy and a new big lathe all within 30 days. Mrs. Fitz has got to have a pinch of fear in her heart.

Frank

Ken Fitzgerald
09-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Frank.....the tool rest extension comes with the bed extension.

Actually.....Mrs. Fitz is in on this thing and it was at her suggestion. Since I'm going to be working for another 2 years, she encouraged me to go ahead and out fit my shop.

I"ll be pulling the trigger again possibly in a few minutes on more and then....yet again!

Pete Jordan
09-07-2007, 10:33 AM
I am soooo happy for you!

You better git to work on than new ironing board it is going to sit on.

Paul Heely
09-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Ken if you are going to pull the trigger repeatedly make sure you properly warm it up first. Wouldn't want you to sprain a finger or pull a muscle and have that impede your buying spree :D

Ron Journeau
09-07-2007, 10:49 AM
She looked him directly in the eyes, a soft smile playing at the corners of her mouth.." But (insert turners name here), I've told you before,honey..size doesn't matter" Yeah..right... hey Ken...super congrats on the big honkin' iron...was actually playing with driving down to see the tool nut (only 7 hours from here) for the same iron, but then someone mentioned warranty and csa/ul listings, and I dropped the car keys on the table ....for now ..I am sure you will enjoy that fine machine, and in a finished shop as well.. Does the ct
scan need new handles...or fancy legs???:D

Dennis Peacock
09-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Go Ken Go!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats my friend!!!!!

Now...focus....fooooooocccuuuuuuuuuusssssss!!!!!!! Listen to me, take down the diving board, get the shop lighting done, get the walls finished up, get the shop painted, and designate a place with plenty of lighting for the new Mustard machine. ;) :D

Christopher K. Hartley
09-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Congrats Ken I know you will love it!:) Now you can spin some big stuff huh?:eek:

Bill Wyko
09-07-2007, 1:09 PM
Ken, you sly dog you. That'll be one heck of a machine for you. What are you going to do for your first project? As far as getting the shop done goes, I'll tell you a little secret. Every time you go out to the shop, do 10 things. Even if you put up 10 hooks for tools or drive in 10 nails. This will make progress faster than you will realize. Plus once you get to the 10th thing you have a tendancy to keep going. The same rule applies to cleaning up the shop. Before you can leave the shop, you have to put away 10 things and when you come back you do the same. Next thing you know, you can't find anything because it's all where it's supposed to be.:D

Fred Conte
09-07-2007, 2:01 PM
Fred....Turning to me is the closest thing to instant gratification I've found... I'm hooked!

Ken - I am quickly learning how very true this is...isn't it G-R-E-A-T!!!:D

Michael Lutz
09-07-2007, 2:02 PM
Congrats on the new mustard! I can always dream. Also congrats on those other itchy trigger finger items.

Mike

Bill Wyko
09-07-2007, 2:40 PM
Unfortunately I don't know of any cure for that itch.:D :D :D :D

Brian Weick
09-07-2007, 2:49 PM
Way to go Ken- apparently you have been talking about that over the last two years;after reading the threads on here. Patience is a virtue- You will certainly need to be dragged away from that once the addiction starts-LOL -Congratulations Ken!
Happy Turnings :)
Brian

Skip Spaulding
09-07-2007, 3:49 PM
Congrats Ken, bet you have the shop done this weekend! Must be a great temptation to just call and say I'm ready, DELIVER RIGHT NOW!!

Jim Becker
09-07-2007, 8:17 PM
This is one time that "the finger" is indeed a good thing... :D

Andy Hoyt
09-07-2007, 11:43 PM
I think I'm gonna be sick.

Jonathon Spafford
09-08-2007, 1:37 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! Way to go! Looking forward to pix!

Bob Hallowell
09-08-2007, 8:53 AM
Congrads Ken,

two problems I see though

1- Does this mean your not retiring soon?:eek:

2- this means no more talk about the diving board and I don't think this forum can handle that much change so I'll make a sacrifice and drive halfway across the country just to take that mustard of your hands.

Bob

Ernie Nyvall
09-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Alright Ken!!! Way to go.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Congrads Ken,

two problems I see though

1- Does this mean your not retiring soon?:eek:

2- this means no more talk about the diving board and I don't think this forum can handle that much change so I'll make a sacrifice and drive halfway across the country just to take that mustard of your hands.

Bob

Bob,

I have one answer for both your questions...

NO!

Pete Jordan
09-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Ken,

I have the extension and I love it! I keep it in the upright position most of the time and it is great to just slide the tailstock out of the way.