PDA

View Full Version : Another Lee Valley Customer Service Kudos Thread...

Jim Becker
09-06-2007, 8:23 PM
Received an order from Lee Valley today and one item was accidentally picked wrong. Sent an email. Got a reply in just a few minutes that a replacement was out the door tomorrow morning...and "just put the wrong item back in the same box and throw it in the mail with the pre-paid return envelope" instruction. I suspect I'll be ordering even more stuff tomorrow...LOL!...they really do take good care of us customers...:)

glenn bradley
09-06-2007, 9:07 PM
Had one today as well. One ruler out of four was off about 1/32" over 18" anywhere along it's length. Replacement sent, pre-paid return. A lot of companies could use LV as a model for how its done.

Mac Cambra
09-06-2007, 9:22 PM
I won't go into the details that Robin and his company did for me but let me say that the bent over backwards to accomodate a mistake I made.

I will be a customer for life, and will reiterate the sentiments already stated that a lot of companies out there could learn from this service model.

Thanks Lee Valley

Gary Keedwell
09-06-2007, 9:29 PM
http://www.free-animations.co.uk/people/blue_colar/images/blue_colar_6.gifIt's a clean sweep....love doing business with them. Also got a surprise package from Woodcraft. Wasn't expecting it this early. You think they're taking the cue from LV?
Gary K.

J D Thomas
09-07-2007, 8:27 AM
I won't go into the details that Robin and his company did for me but let me say that the bent over backwards to accomodate a mistake I made.

I will be a customer for life, and will reiterate the sentiments already stated that a lot of companies out there could learn from this service model.

Amen!! I've had a couple of issues at times when something arrived broken, or the wrong item, or the one time I did something totally moronic when ordering on their site. Every time they fix it, fast, without blinking. I can think of NO other company that treats their customers as well as LV.

Rick Gibson
09-07-2007, 8:41 AM
Another company I dealt with recently was Seabreeze. Canadian company that makes fans for the home. Bought one of their fans in June it was more than double the price of the same size chinese fan but very quiet and moved a lot of air. Last Tuesday it stopped on low speed. Looking at it Wed. morning a small nut and broken piece of plastic dropped out and the fan started working properly. Sent them an email had a reply within an hour asking for my address. Gave it to them and a new fan was dropped off by courier Friday afternoon. They did not ask for the old one to be sent back. So I have a fan for the shop. When it dies guess what I am replacing it with. I like their service.

Scott Brihn
09-07-2007, 10:22 AM
I too recently received a "nice sized" order and concur with the praise for Lee Valley. Their product differentiation combined with world class customer service is a model for continued success.

Carl Crout
09-08-2007, 12:28 PM
Received an order from Lee Valley today and one item was accidentally picked wrong. Sent an email. Got a reply in just a few minutes that a replacement was out the door tomorrow morning...and "just put the wrong item back in the same box and throw it in the mail with the pre-paid return envelope" instruction. I suspect I'll be ordering even more stuff tomorrow...LOL!...they really do take good care of us customers...:)

They should have offered to let you keep the extra item..:D

Michael Schwartz
09-08-2007, 1:14 PM
I have dealt with LV a few times and the orders always ship promptly, and I have never had any problems. In this day and age of Amazon.com like horror stories, I am pretty confident doing business with LV because I know they would take care of any problems ASAP.

LV is pretty american for a canadian company eh :rolleyes:

Their return policy is second to none, and they are honestly making some of the finest tools in all history through the veritas line.

I have also recived great servace from Woodcraft as well.

If I need something, I generally check to see if Lee Valley has it first.

Ed Falis
09-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Imagine if all corporations were run like Lee Valley: it would be a revolution.

Matt Chantry
09-09-2007, 3:46 PM
I purchased one of their Power Tenon Cutters (the kind for green woodworking). Some of our summer employees used it with a brace and stripped the hex shank. It was about 3 years old at that point.

I took it down to the local store - just to see if they sold a replacement hex shank. They insisted on replacing the whole thing. I explained that WE caused the damage by using the tool incorrectly, but it didn't matter. They just gave me a whole new tool.

Considering the hassle returns usually are, it was a big eye-opener. We've bought literally thousands of dollars there since then. Great service pays off.

M