PDA

View Full Version : Pipe Clamps

Paul Dombroski
09-06-2007, 7:56 PM
How about some pictures on how you store your pipe clamps.

glenn bradley
09-06-2007, 8:08 PM
When you need them, you need them and nothing works better. In the mean time, they are a pain to store. I use the space behind my tool box which is on rollers. Just some pine with masonite laminated on top to take the beating. 1 1/8" slots for 3/4" pipe (just over 1" OD).

Jules Dominguez
09-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Insert short pieces of 3/8 wooden dowel rod into the face of a 2x4 and attach it to the wall. Hang the clamps on the dowels, one clamp per dowel.
Angle the dowels up slightly so the clamps won't slip off.
This assumes you have the wall space.

Chris Rosenberger
09-07-2007, 12:26 AM
I made mine out of 2 x 10 yellow pine & poplar lumber.

Henk Marais
09-07-2007, 3:08 AM
How I wish I had that many clamps Chris!

I must admit though, it is a lot easier to store the 9 I have.

Lee Schierer
09-07-2007, 12:57 PM
I made mine out of 2 x 10 yellow pine & poplar lumber.

We should start a poll to guess how many clamps are in that rack. My guess would be 135. Wow, and LOML thinks I have enough pipe clamps...I only have about 2 dozen.

Dwain Lambrigger
09-07-2007, 1:32 PM
Good idea Lee,

Hey, don't let the vise clamps throw you off. I think we are talking about 125. It really isn't so amazing if you are like me and pick them up everytime you see them on Craigslist for five or six buck each!

It's a lot easier to justify a pipe clamp than spending $50 bucks for the bessey!

Chris Rosenberger
09-07-2007, 1:47 PM
I did not know how many clamps I had on the rack, so I had to go count them. There are 130 pipe clamps in 1/2" & 3/4" size and lengthe from 42" to 100". It is alot of clamps. But I have done 3 jobs this year were I ran out of clamps & had to wait for glue to dry before I finish glueing up panels.

Mike Langford
09-07-2007, 7:27 PM
Here's how I store my pipe clamps (see if you can guess how many I have! :p )
71438 71439

While I'm at it I figger I might as well show you how I store some of my other clamps...
71440 71441

Dave Sweeney has started a thread on how you store your parallel clamps, but I can't post on it 'cause I ain't got none of dem newfangled,fancy (and expensive!) parallel clamps! :D

Chris Rosenberger
09-07-2007, 7:39 PM
Here's how I store my pipe clamps (see if you can guess how many I have! :p )

While I'm at it I figger I might as well show you how I store some of my other clamps...

Dave Sweeney has started a thread on how you store your parallel clamps, but I can't post on it 'cause I ain't got none of dem newfangled,fancy (and expensive!) parallel clamps! :D

That sure is a big fly swatter you have hanging on the wall.:D

Mike Langford
09-07-2007, 8:25 PM
That sure is a big fly swatter you have hanging on the wall.:D

Chris, are you takling about the white grid looking thingy?

My wife does stained glass work and the white grid thingy is the remains of a fluoresent light cover that I had leftover from making her two glass cutting boards. (I'm a pack rat...) I hung it there as "Art" :cool:

The piece that looks like the handle is actually a "stick" one of my sons "made" for me!
Years ago when they were younger (me too) we all use to go on hikes a lot.....we'd usually find us a good "walkin' stick" on the trail and when we'd get back home we'd peel the bark off and sand it and shape it for next time out....that is a small piece that was cut off a "custom deluxe hand-fitted walkin' stick".....;) (I call it "Art from the Heart!)

Jeffrey Makiel
09-07-2007, 8:50 PM
Here's another example. It's very similar to the other posters above. It holds two pipe clamps (Jorgensen Pony) in each slot. This design uses 5/4 solid stock (basswood for me).

-Jeff :)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/Beff2/Slide1-4.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/Beff2/Slide2-4.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/Beff2/Slide3-3.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/Beff2/Slide4.jpg