PDA

View Full Version : Metric Self-Stick Jig Tapes?

Jim Becker
09-06-2007, 2:20 PM
Is anyone aware of left/right metric (or combined metric/Imperial) self-stick jig tapes available from someone? Lee Valley only carries Imperial for these items and I'm considering moving to metric for some future projects to test the waters. Rules are easy to find. So are calipers, retractable tapes, etc. But these left/right sticky tapes are eluding me!

Matt Day
09-06-2007, 2:29 PM
Check page 2158 of http://www.mcmaster.com/

Steve Clardy
09-06-2007, 2:52 PM
Amazon.com

Tapes made by Kreg jig. Lefty and righty.

Not sure about the metric though. I'll have to find my extras and see if they have metric on them

Craig Thompson
09-06-2007, 3:15 PM
Jim,

Beisemeyer has them available... have them on my outfeeds...

http://www.biesemeyer.com/miter_radial/index.htm

Cliff Rohrabacher
09-06-2007, 3:46 PM
Don't use metric Jim. It's a known and proven fact that way far more industrial accidents occur when people are using metric. Proof that metrics are inherently dangerous.

Glen Gunderson
09-06-2007, 4:59 PM
Don't use metric Jim. It's a known and proven fact that way far more industrial accidents occur when people are using metric. Proof that metrics are inherently dangerous.

You know what else? In virtually every industrial accident, the worker was wearing pants. Proof that pants are inherently dangerous. I think it's time I removed my trousers in the shop in the name of safety.:p

Greg Funk
09-06-2007, 5:08 PM
You forgot your smilely...

JayStPeter
09-06-2007, 5:14 PM
Jim, these have both but I'm pretty sure I've seen Starett's that are just metric somewhere
http://www.toolsforworkingwood.com/indextool.mvc?prodid=ST-SST.XX

Note to self: Never visit Glen's shop unannounced

Jay

Greg Crawford
09-06-2007, 6:15 PM
What if your pants are sized in metrics? You also are probably aware that the metric system was based on the premise that communism would eventually take over the world, right?

Jim Becker
09-06-2007, 8:11 PM
Thanks for the tips and the chuckles...and yes, I'll have to be really careful should I find myself in Spring, Texas...:eek: Seems that McMaster-Carr has a real selection of self-stick rules. Good to know!

Bruce Benjamin
09-06-2007, 9:17 PM

Time for new material. This is at least the second time I've seen you use this line. :rolleyes: ;)

Bruce

John Stevens
09-06-2007, 10:11 PM
You also are probably aware that the metric system was based on the premise that communism would eventually take over the world, right?

LOL...just wait until November 4, 2008, comrade ;)

Regards,

John (just kidding, but still unsure whether either of our messages will be removed for violating TOS ban on political subjects)

Gary Curtis
09-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Go to oregonruleco.com . I bought some in yellow and white, both left-to-right and right-to-left.

Gary Curtis

Jim Becker
09-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Great selection, Gary! Thanks for the tip.

Cliff Rohrabacher
09-07-2007, 1:30 PM
You forgot your smilely...

I have a dry wit.

Cliff Rohrabacher
09-07-2007, 1:31 PM
What if your pants are sized in metrics? You also are probably aware that the metric system was based on the premise that communism would eventually take over the world, right?

Uh Oh a political post ~!!
Better duck and cover.

Cliff Rohrabacher
09-07-2007, 1:32 PM
Time for new material. This is at least the second time I've seen you use this line. :rolleyes: ;)

Bruce

Maybe the fifth. I am not a very creative fellow.

Steve Clardy
09-07-2007, 2:27 PM
You know what else? In virtually every industrial accident, the worker was wearing pants. Proof that pants are inherently dangerous. I think it's time I removed my trousers in the shop in the name of safety.:p

ROFLOL :D :D :D

Jim Becker
09-07-2007, 9:20 PM
Maybe the fifth. I am not a very creative fellow.

That stuff is for after working in the shop not before or during...oh, you man "The Fifth...Amendment" :) Silly me... ;)