PDA

View Full Version : G0513X Owners, How Do You Like It?

glenn bradley
09-05-2007, 8:23 PM
I have a line on a G0513X for a good price. I was planning on a tall Rikon 14" but, its a pretty good deal. So, what do you like / dislike?

TIA

Glenn

Tom Hamilton
09-05-2007, 8:30 PM
Glenn, I've had mine since June 06; always answered the call, easy to adjust, change blades and operate. I added the Grizzley ceramic guides this spring.

Plenty of power for the mesquite I resawed today.

So, mine is a fully supportive positive recommendation.

Go pick it up and enjoy to tomorrow!

Best regards, Tom, in Houston, pleased with his 513X

Russ Massery
09-05-2007, 8:34 PM
Ditto on Tom's reply.Very happy with mine. Resaws great and scrolls real well with a 1/4" blade. No real complainants. Bought it with the mind set of keeping my 14" Delta for scroll work but decided to sell it because the 0513X does it so well.

Craig Stueve
09-05-2007, 10:13 PM
I got my G0513X before the price increase at the first of this year. I replaced a Jet 14" which had been an saw that was very reliable. All I can is that I should have made the upgrade much sooner. The saw was my first purchase from Grizzly and both the company and the saw have exceeded my expectations. I don't think you can go wrong with the G0513X especially if you can get it at a good price.

Craig

Guy Germaine
09-06-2007, 6:45 AM
I've had mine for almost a year now, and love it! It's done everything that I've wanted/needed it to do. Last night, I wanted to slice a 1" thick piece from 4" thick X 10" wide chunk of poplar that I had laying around. Since the blade that was on there is getting close to needing replaced,(I didn't care if I broke it or not) I decided to see what would happen if I "pushed" it a little. It cut through that piece in about 20 seconds, and I didn't even bog the motor.

Rob Diz
09-07-2007, 11:49 AM
I have one and love it. Lots of power. It's a solid tool, even on a Jet mobile base.

I have had an issue with the table warping a bit towards the end - flat pieces to the right of the blade got hung up. It was under warranty, and Griz was very easy to deal with - they are sending me a new one.

I also learned that Griz will soon be selling a CI trunion replacement available for the G0513x. The stamped trunion is one (if perhaps only) weak link to the saw. Cost will be &79.

Eric Mims
09-07-2007, 4:23 PM
Rob, mine seems to do the same thing.. I thought it was being caught just where the cut for the blade entry is on the table, but now I'll have to check it out further. Did they have you do any certain tests or did they say it's common?