PDA

View Full Version : Riverbends First 50

Dave Bonde
01-29-2004, 7:02 PM
I'm happy to post this picture of our first 50 Freedom Pens. A lot of students work hard for this to happen. Dave

Noah Alkinburgh
01-29-2004, 7:10 PM
Dave,

That is super!!! Thanks for the work and thank the teens for us too.

Noah

Dennis Peacock
01-29-2004, 7:21 PM
Way to go Dave and Teens..!!!!!!

Many thanks for your time and effort..!!!!

Kent Cori
01-29-2004, 7:23 PM
Dave,

Please pass on my compliments to your intrepid band of helpers. It looks like they did a great job.

Did they enjoy the pen making? Any photos of them in action?

Keith Outten
01-29-2004, 8:09 PM
Dave,

I hope that each student will write a note that can accompany each pen, you know that their pens will really be special to the new owners.

Please continue to contact Ken Salisbury if your students need any supplies or materials, Ken will do everything he can to make sure your students have what they need.

Thanks again!

Dave Bonde
01-29-2004, 8:38 PM
Dave,

I hope that each student will write a note that can accompany each pen, you know that their pens will really be special to the new owners.

Please continue to contact Ken Salisbury if your students need any supplies or materials, Ken will do everything he can to make sure your students have what they need.

Thanks again!

Yes Keith, this is a voulentary project for the students at Riverbend and that was one of the requirements I had for the them was, they had to agree to contribute to help in the pen making process and write a note of support for our troops. You probably can't see it in the picture but a lot of the pens have a number on them that is removable. Many of the students were concerned when I took them out of their bags for the picture. The numbers corraspond with a student that made the pen. They wanted to make sure that the notes they wrote go with the pens that they made.

Ken has been great getting use the kits we need :)

Dave

Julie Wright
01-29-2004, 9:43 PM
Tell the Kids Congratulations.
I am going to the local HS next week to teach a class about turning pens. They are real excited about working on this project.

Bob Lasley
01-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Dave,

Sounds like you have a great bunch of students. Let them know we appreciate their contribution. They are doing a fine job!

Bob

Jerry Stringer
01-30-2004, 12:49 AM
As a cop who works in a large high school every day, I learned long ago that the "bad news" that you see on the 5 o'clock news every day about today's youth definitely deals with only a small portion of today's kids.

Our country's future is going to be in good hands and this group of kids and their hard work only confirms this!

Great job!

JDS

Roger Fitzsimonds
01-30-2004, 9:10 AM
Dave,

You and your students are doing a grewat job. Thank you.

Roger

Ken Salisbury
01-30-2004, 10:20 AM
Great job by those young folks.

There are 50 more sets either already there or in route.

Dave Bonde
01-30-2004, 10:41 AM
Yes Keith, this is a voulentary project for the students at Riverbend and that was one of the requirements I had for the them was, they had to agree to contribute to help in the pen making process and write a note of support for our troops. You probably can't see it in the picture but a lot of the pens have a number on them that is removable. Many of the students were concerned when I took them out of their bags for the picture. The numbers corraspond with a student that made the pen. They wanted to make sure that the notes they wrote go with the pens that they made.

Ken has been great getting use the kits we need :)

Dave

That is VOLUNTARY - I hate it when I do that :)