PDA

View Full Version : Lion Miter Trimmer factory issue?

Larry Conely
09-05-2007, 9:30 AM
I seem to be having trouble getting my blade back after sending it in for sharpening. I shipped it to Rowley, Maine per their instructions. UPS tracking indicates it was received June 25. After two months, I placed a phone call, left a voice message and also sent an email. Subsequent calls and emails have gone unanswered.

Does anyone have experience with this company? I'm starting to feel like I might never see my blade again.

Thanks,

Larry

Roger Everett
09-06-2007, 6:28 AM
It's been several years since I've had an an occasion to have a set of blades sharpened or to talk with them, however I've always found them to be a real square company to deal with. You might consider getting an extra set of blades, so you're never without, when getting one set sharpened. Although they are kinda expensive.
Roger

Steven Wilson
09-06-2007, 10:21 AM
You're using this contact information?

http://www.lionmitertrimmer.com/popup.htm

Larry Conely
09-06-2007, 1:07 PM
Steve,

Yes, that's the address and phone number I used but not the url. I'll try the email address you posted, but I still have had no response from the voice mails (which answered as Lion Miter Trimmer.)

Thanks for your time,

Larry

Larry Conely
09-06-2007, 1:14 PM
Well, I sent an email to the new address and it was returned as undeliverable.

Larry

Steve Milito
09-06-2007, 1:33 PM
Are they still in business? None of their retailers seem to have product.

Chuck Lenz
09-06-2007, 3:14 PM
Try Highland Woodworking, they sell a miter trimmer and replacement blades for the Lion, maybe they know whats going on with Lion.

John Schreiber
09-06-2007, 5:35 PM
On Amazon it says "Availability: Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Not a good sign.

Larry Conely
09-06-2007, 5:40 PM
I got a phone call from Marty a few minutes ago. He explained that his sharpening guy is out for a week and will be back the 17th. I should have them later in the week.

Larry

Chuck Lenz
09-06-2007, 5:45 PM
2 1/2 months to resharpen blades. Unbelieveable.

Steven Wilson
09-07-2007, 8:55 AM
Chuck, there was a mention that their factory was down for a month and was starting back up at the end of July. Some businesses take a month or so off, so 2 1/2 months to resharpen blades doesn't surprise me, annoying though.

Scott Whiting
09-07-2007, 6:33 PM
2 1/2 months to resharpen blades. Unbelieveable.

With that kind of lead time you can send stuff to me anytime;) :D

I have had some stuff in here take that long but it was understood up front that it was a "special" project.

If you ever find yourself in need of having trimmer knives done locally look for somebody that does the shear knives for the printing industry. They know the correct angles. Many other industrial sharpeners (like me, and I send them out now to somebody who can do them faster) do too but you don't want to be the first set somebody sees. I have seen the results from sharpeners who had a "better" idea.

Larry Conely
10-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Another month has passed since I last talked to Martin. No blades. Today, I phoned (no answer, but I left a message), faxed and emailed (email returned for faulty address). I asked him to return my blades and sharpening fee and I will get them done locally.

I think it is reasonable to expect a sharpening service to turn around in less than 3 1/2 months

I'll post results on how it goes from here.

Larry