PDA

View Full Version : JessEm gloat !!!!!! w/pictures

Bill Huber
09-05-2007, 12:30 AM
:D :D
I made the jump and got the JessEm table, fence and left. I have been looking at all the different systems and the cost to quality factor and so I went with the JessEm.

This is more then I expected in the way it is built, it is built like a tank. Everything about it is built that way. The left is really nice, the clamp is very good and holds the router very well. The clamp lever is first class and work like a dream.
The fence.... WOW what a fence, the aluminum is thick and very heavy, the scale on each end is really nice. The fence locks slide in aluminum rails and the lock knobs are up high and easy to get to.
The table is very nice, it is flat and smooth as glass, it is made of Phenolic and is heavy.
I have a lot of work to do on the cabinet, it will have a shelf and small drawer on the right and a drawer on the left to hold all the router bits.

Bottom line this unit is First Class all the way.

71260 71261

71262 71263

Gary Muto
09-05-2007, 6:30 AM
Congratulations on your new router table set up. Please let everyone know your thoughts as get some use out of it.
I'm still debating which lift to get. My router is just bolted to the bottom of a (small) table.

Don Bullock
09-05-2007, 7:52 AM
Bill, congratulation and thanks for the post. That's the lift I'm planning to get eventually for my Bosch router. I'm glad that you like it. Since I haven't decided on a table top for it I'll be interested in reading more about how you like it was well.

Jim Becker
09-05-2007, 8:49 AM
Nice setup, Bill!

Richard Link
09-05-2007, 9:29 AM
Bill,

Nice setup. By the way, I have a MINT condition Jessem open stand for sale at a substantial discount. I built one of those Norm router tables for my Masterlift and don't need the original stand. Talk about built like a tank. At any rate, if you are interested in completing the setup, I sent you a PM about it. Have fun with the new table.

Rick

Bill Huber
09-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Bill, congratulation and thanks for the post. That's the lift I'm planning to get eventually for my Bosch router. I'm glad that you like it. Since I haven't decided on a table top for it I'll be interested in reading more about how you like it was well.

Thanks Don
Right off the bat there is one thing I really like about the table and that is the fact you can drill and tape it.

In the back of my mind I am already thing about a macro adjuster for the fence and being about to drill and tape the table will make it easier to do.

I will keep you posted as to any problems I find.

Bill Huber
09-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Bill,

Nice setup. By the way, I have a MINT condition Jessem open stand for sale at a substantial discount. I built one of those Norm router tables for my Masterlift and don't need the original stand. Talk about built like a tank. At any rate, if you are interested in completing the setup, I sent you a PM about it. Have fun with the new table.

Rick

Just send you a PM...

Don Bullock
09-05-2007, 8:46 PM
Thanks Don
Right off the bat there is one thing I really like about the table and that is the fact you can drill and tape it.

In the back of my mind I am already thing about a macro adjuster for the fence and being about to drill and tape the table will make it easier to do.

I will keep you posted as to any problems I find.

Thanks Bill. I appreciate the input and any that you can add later. Currently I'm saving some money and hope to get the table and lift after I have enough saved. I already have an Incra fence system, including all the router fence accessories, that I bought for my table saw. I'm planning to put the router to the right of my SawStop.