PDA

View Full Version : A neat pen box

Ken Salisbury
01-29-2004, 2:41 PM
I got some nice boxes to house some sample pens I am planning to send to some folks in high places to gain support and awareness of the Freedom Pen Project. I just thought I would post a couple of pics.

I really like these boxes and plan on buying some more to make available to my customers at the craft shows. They are rosewood and when opened the pen raises up for easy removal. I got these from Berea Hardwoods (no affiliation).

Peter Stahl
01-29-2004, 3:57 PM
Ken,

Is that another of your laminated corian pens?

Pete

Ken Salisbury
01-29-2004, 4:02 PM
Ken,

Is that another of your laminated corian pens?

Pete

Yes - it is a segmented Corian pen (32 pieces)

Skip Brant
01-30-2004, 8:16 AM
Ken -
I just bought one myself made out of Bubinga. I got it at my local Woodcraft for $4.99 each. If you are so inclined you can make them yourself - the plans are in Wood Magazine June 2000. They show a two pen box but very easy to change to a single pen box. I might make one but I am not sure if it worth the time and wood - I will let you know.

Thanks for all your input on pen making. I have been making them on my belt sander and drill press but I just ordered a Jet mini lathe - you've inspired me to learn how to turn pens. I am sure when I get it I will be asking for help.

I am also looking for a local supply of corian scraps as I really like your segmented corian pens. In the mean time I will try to make some wood segmented pens. Any preferences on pen kits? and/or suppliers?

Thanks again -
Skip Brant :)

Ken Salisbury
01-30-2004, 10:15 AM
Ken -
In the mean time I will try to make some wood segmented pens. Any preferences on pen kits? and/or suppliers?
Skip Brant :)

I use Berea Hardwoods for the vast majority of my pen kits and supplies. They have the best prices. 1-877-736-5487 or www.bereahardwood.com (http://www.bereahardwood.com)

Bobby McCarley
01-30-2004, 1:18 PM
I use Berea Hardwoods for the vast majority of my pen kits and supplies. They have the best prices. 1-877-736-5487 or www.bereahardwood.com (http://www.bereahardwood.com)

Ken, on your segmented pens, what do you glue your corian parts together with?

Bobby McCarley

Ken Salisbury
01-30-2004, 2:02 PM
Ken, on your segmented pens, what do you glue your corian parts together with?

Bobby McCarley

Gel CA Glue