PDA

View Full Version : Which TS on sale do you recommend?

Barry Allweiss
09-04-2007, 4:35 PM
Since Amazon has good prices and free shipping on TS's, which TS Bargain would be best?

I have a 36" Bies Fence from Lowes ($80) to add to a TS. My max budget is $400 total.

What is the best TS for my money under $400 that you'd recommend?

Chuck Lenz
09-04-2007, 7:22 PM
Since you allready have a fence, why don't you do what Deck Reagan did and buy the Delta 36-979 without the fence for $300 and free shiping ? I think that is a awesome deal. I wouldn't wait too long if your serious.

Curt Harms
09-04-2007, 8:40 PM
If I were You with a good fence I'd look for a Craftsman 22104(I think). Sears was closing them out for under $400. The "zipcode" saws-so called because the model # resembles a zip code-get pretty good reviews. They're made by the same outfit that sell the Steel City saws. They have cabinet mounted trunnions which make setup and tuning simpler than the table mounted trunnions. Keep you eye on the want ads and Craigs List too.

HTH

Curt

Dave MacArthur
09-04-2007, 9:40 PM
http://tampa.craigslist.org/tls/407247777.html
jet cabinet saw 3hp. Needs a polish, but $300 in Tampa. Didn't see anything current in Orlando or Miami.

Sorry I'm not staying inside the Poll parameters, but I would keep the $, and sit and watch CraigsList in the south florida cities for a few weeks. I constantly see cabinet saws for around $400 on CL.
Good luck!

Deck Reagan
09-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Barry,
I agree with Chuck. The Delta 36-979 is a great saw. I currently have the 36-680 Delta, which is a great multi purpose saw.

For the money you can't go wrong. It's a very solid saw and it's ready to run right out of the box. If you were to buy that saw with your fence it would run you around $800 and then some. Your Biese will bolt right on.

I bought it because for a weekend wood worker it's a great saw. The double cast wings make it very solid. It now has the build in mobile base, left tilt blade, and a dust port.

Deck