PDA

View Full Version : There's a gloat in here somewhere

Dan Stuewe
09-03-2007, 6:43 PM
Somewhere in the first picture is a gloat I picked up this weekend.

I had $250 in birthday money and Rockler gift certificates so I bought their basic router table with a free PC 960 router. I'll use my variable speed PC 964 in the table and use the free one handheld.

Next is drawing this up in SketchUp and adding drawers and a dust box. At some point I'll upgrade the router to PC 890 or maybe the Triton, but for now this is a great upgrade from my Vermont American benchtop table (you'll soon see it in Orange County's craigslist, oh, and my first Craftsman router!)

Don Bullock
09-03-2007, 7:18 PM
Hey dan, congratulations on your new router table.

Bill Huber
09-04-2007, 12:00 AM
I have been looking at tables and that one always get high ratings from just about everyone.

Congrats and lets see a followup on how it works out.

Dan Stuewe
09-04-2007, 1:56 AM
Thanks guys.

Bill, the only thing that seems like a negative (so far) is that the fence can not be removed from the table without completly unscrewing the toilet bolts from the aluminum fence rail. The guy at Rockler agreed that it is a silly design and that it will be simple to overcome by drilling a larger hole at the back end of the slots so that the head of the toilet bolt can be pulled through the table.

As for the fence (comes with the table), it is a basic three part setup. Aluminum L channel with two MDF boards attached (plus guard, hold down and dust collector fitting). It seems to work together well and should make me confident in using it for many tasks.

Grant Davis
09-04-2007, 8:09 AM
Dan,
I have that exact set up and I could not be happier with it.

Bill Arnold
09-04-2007, 8:26 AM
Like some of the others, I had this setup for several years. I found it to be very adequate for what I was doing. The only reason I don't have it anymore is I sold it to a neighbor when I bought a table saw with a router lift in the extension table. Now that I have a lot more room than I did in a two-car garage, I wish I had it back. Guess I'll have to get by with this setup now:

http://bbarnold.com/images/shop-ga/10TS_OA2.jpg