PDA

View Full Version : Show us your Biese!!!

Jason White
09-03-2007, 5:53 PM
Ok, a lot of you guys got a new (or 2 or 3) Biesemeyer fence from Lowe's for cheap. Now let's see it installed on your saw!

No pics?? It didn't happen!

I'm especially interested in seeing it on a RIDGID TS3650, as that's what I've got and need some inspiration.

JW

Chris Fierro
09-03-2007, 6:15 PM
The Biese deal could not have come at a better time for me--it allowed me to have a much nicer fence just in time for the completion of the restoration of this saw. I would be cleaning up a nasty old aluminum fence if not for the Lowes deal. At any rate, see the photo. Thanks for the SMC heads up on the deal--I would surely have missed out otherwise.

http://www.nrchris.com/lj/biese.jpg

(The saw is a King from 1986, and I was able to follow the Unisaw installation instructions almost 99%)

Jason White
09-03-2007, 6:54 PM
Very nice!

It doesn't look like you installed the "rear" rail?

JW

The Biese deal could not have come at a better time for me--it allowed me to have a much nicer fence just in time for the completion of the restoration of this saw. I would be cleaning up a nasty old aluminum fence if not for the Lowes deal. At any rate, see the photo. Thanks for the SMC heads up on the deal--I would surely have missed out otherwise.

http://www.nrchris.com/lj/biese.jpg

(The saw is a King from 1986, and I was able to follow the Unisaw installation instructions almost 99%)

Chris Fierro
09-03-2007, 7:08 PM
Jason,

The rear rail is there--it was by far the worst part to install. It involved removing the rear door and cutting 2" off of the top of it! I wouldn't have done that but I needed the rear rail to support the extension table, which supports the fence for the last ten or twelve inches. I did not, however, install the support legs. Jury is still out--I went with the smaller shopfox mobile stand which apparently doesn't accept the extension base.

So I am either going to park the saw without mobile base or see how well the legs work with the mobile base--I think there is enough play in the leveling adjusters to retract them enough to move the saw without getting a new base and extension. If that doesn't work the saw is going to be demobilized and I'll install the support legs. The saw is new to me so it is still unclear how often I'll want to move it around my (tiny) shop.

Bruce Page
09-03-2007, 7:18 PM
Chris, I don't think you would need the support legs for the 30" Bies. My only concern would be setting something heavy on it and tipping the saw. But then again, it would have to be something pretty darn heavy.

Chris Fierro
09-03-2007, 7:22 PM
Bruce,

You are probably right--the only thing that I have noticed so far is a tiny bit of sag when I was ripping at the extreme of the fence. Which is not something that I envision really doing that much of. By far a huge improvement over anything that I've ever used though. The saw itself is pretty heavy--over 500 lbs--so I am not worried about tipping it. I guess I stick with the smaller base. Although LOML did point out that I could use the base for something else--like that 6x48 sander I have been eying. Oh my gosh, I think she gave me permission to buy something!

Lou Ferrarini
09-04-2007, 1:32 PM
Here's Mine... Sweeeeet....

Mike Heidrick
09-04-2007, 1:39 PM
Chris, that is an awesome looking King saw! Great job.

Lou, love the Delta saw!!

Great jobs on using those fences!

Doug Pettway
09-05-2007, 7:22 AM
Here's a pic of mine. i just made the storage cubby this weekend and i still need to add a drawer to it.

Jay Radke
09-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Well I would show you mine, but its not on my 22124 yet. It seems they forgot to pack any of the hardware. But at least when I called Sears yesterday I got right through to a person and was done in about 3 mins after telling them what parts packs were missing and giving my number. Hopefully it doesnt take to long to get them. On Monday I finally had time to put the saw together and all was going really well until I opened the Biese box and noticed that the ball at the end of the fence lock wasnt on. Then the hunt started through the last few parts packs that I had. Thats when I noticed I didnt have any for the fence. After repeated looks in the Biese box and packing materials, as well as inside the table insert and any other nuk and crany that I could fine there were no parts packs to be found. :eek: :mad: :mad:

Todd Hyman
09-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Doug and Lou,

They look great. How long did it take you to install and how difficult was it. My Delta is on a Herc-u-lift and I will have to add sliders or something to the extension legs.

Chris Fierro
09-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Chris, that is an awesome looking King saw! Great job.
Great jobs on using those fences!

Thanks Mike! The saw was a score--but it turned into a complete project of tearing it down and rehabbing it. I installed a new Leeson 3 HP motor, a pair of link belts, and the mag switch from Grizzly. That and a lot of scraping, buffing and adjusting. But now it is a joy to use.

Doug Pettway
09-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Doug and Lou,

They look great. How long did it take you to install and how difficult was it. My Delta is on a Herc-u-lift and I will have to add sliders or something to the extension legs.

it wasnt hard. the instruction manual and a couple of the non-structural parts were missing from the box though. i winged it as best i could from looking at the table saw manual. once i had it all together i found the manual online and i had to done everything right....for once. :)

David George
09-05-2007, 7:59 PM
Lowes is selling Biesmeyer???

Bill Biesmeyer must be spinning somewhere.

Jason White
09-05-2007, 8:00 PM
Call Biesemeyer directly. I'm sure they will send you the missing parts for nothing.

www.biesemeyer.com (http://www.biesemeyer.com)

JW

Well I would show you mine, but its not on my 22124 yet. It seems they forgot to pack any of the hardware. But at least when I called Sears yesterday I got right through to a person and was done in about 3 mins after telling them what parts packs were missing and giving my number. Hopefully it doesnt take to long to get them. On Monday I finally had time to put the saw together and all was going really well until I opened the Biese box and noticed that the ball at the end of the fence lock wasnt on. Then the hunt started through the last few parts packs that I had. Thats when I noticed I didnt have any for the fence. After repeated looks in the Biese box and packing materials, as well as inside the table insert and any other nuk and crany that I could fine there were no parts packs to be found. :eek: :mad: :mad:

Jason White
09-05-2007, 8:03 PM
Lowe's was NOT selling Biesemeyers.

That's why they had to drop the price to $80 per.

:D

JW

Bill Biesmeyer must be spinning somewhere.

Jim Podsedly
09-05-2007, 8:22 PM

They weren't selling them they were giving them away for 80 bucks!!!

So are the legs needed or am i missing something in those pictures?

Chris Fierro
09-05-2007, 10:29 PM
They weren't selling them they were giving them away for 80 bucks!!!

So are the legs needed or am i missing something in those pictures?

Jim,

Mine included the legs, I have opted not to install them yet--waiting to see if I really need 'em.

Denny Rice
09-05-2007, 10:55 PM

You will love the 22124. I have had this saw/ fence combo for about 2 yrs now and I love mine.

Bruce Wrenn
09-06-2007, 9:49 PM

Bill Biesmeyer must be spinning somewhere.Why, Bill sold Biesmeyer to Delta/ Pentair several years ago. In most of the stores I checked none had been sold prior to the first markdown to $200. At eighty bucks they flew off the top shelves. A few stores still have them, but want between $200 and $400 for them. That is why they still have them.

Ken Barney
09-10-2007, 7:45 AM
Lowe's was NOT selling Biesemeyers.

That's why they had to drop the price to $80 per.

:D

JW

Heh, heh, got mine for $50! :eek:

KB

Guy Germaine
09-11-2007, 6:28 AM
Here's my 22124 with the Bies tube moved 10" to the right. This gives me more rip capacity to the right side of the blade.

http://www.fototime.com/75B8D696C096675/standard.jpg