PDA

View Full Version : Amazon--free shipping on table saws

Brian Erickson
09-02-2007, 1:19 PM
I can't find a single page that details every thing that's covered, but almost all of the major brands are now displaying "free shipping" on Amazon. DeWalt is at least one exception, but Powermatic and Delta are all free...

scott spencer
09-02-2007, 3:03 PM
Something goofy is going on...the PM64a is shown as $588.48 w/"free shipping offer" highlighted in yellow , then below there is more text that says it's not eligible for free s/h...$149 extra. It rings up charging shipping too....would have been a nice deal for someone.

Mike Heidrick
09-02-2007, 3:09 PM
Just checked out a couples UNIs and they show $149 shipping. Maybe its over?

Brian Erickson
09-02-2007, 3:32 PM
I am on the phone with Amazon right now trying to figure it out. The first guy I talked to said "that just means the shipping offer is free, not the shipping." :rolleyes:

The price on the Delta 36-979 is down to 300 bucks right now, so with free shipping, it would be a great deal, even if I'd rather have a zip code saw or a cabinet saw...

Brian Erickson
09-02-2007, 3:43 PM
It looks like if you go through to the final checkout page, it gives you $30 off shipping. Helpful, but not worth an entire thread. Sorry, folks...:o

Bruce Benjamin
09-02-2007, 5:26 PM
I am on the phone with Amazon right now trying to figure it out. The first guy I talked to said "that just means the shipping offer is free, not the shipping." :rolleyes:

You've got to be kidding, right? If someone ever gave me an answer like that I'd be talking to his supervisor about his employment status. So, why don't they put, "Free Table Saw!" on each ad and then say that it's the offer to sell one that is free, not the table saw.:rolleyes: I'm not in the TS market but if I were and it said, "Free shipping" no matter what else the ad or the clown on the other end of the phone said, I'd either be getting free shipping or a very well worded explanation from someone very high up at Amazon.

Bruce

Deck Reagan
09-03-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm on with the jungle now waiting for a supervisor. I accused them of false advertising but they don't care. I have been watching this item everyday for weeks, now suddenly they come out with "free shipping offer". What the heck is that supposed to mean.

We'll see how it shakes out.

Deck

Bruce Benjamin
09-03-2007, 11:26 PM
You might want to mention the words, "State Attorney General's Office" to the supervisor and see if he flinches. If it's an actual mistake in the web page they probably aren't legally required to honor it but if they indicate that it's just some sort of odd advertising phrasing or whatever, well...I'd tell them who I'm going to call next. You might want to email yourself a copy of the ad page too if you haven't already.

Bruce

Deck Reagan
09-03-2007, 11:44 PM
I just bought the 36-979 for $300 bucks with FREE Shipping.

The supervisor never explained why he was giving me free shipping though. I didn't have to mention the "State Attorney General's Office" but it was locked and loaded!

Get that baby in house and slap on my Closeout Biesemeyer!

Deck

Chuck Lenz
09-04-2007, 8:28 AM
Nice gloat Deck. We will be expecting pictures.

Don Bullock
09-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Congratulations!!!!!

The "deal" on the Delta 36-979 for $300 bucks is still there with the Free Shipping lable and still states that shipping is $149. That seems very tipical of Amazon lately. Ordering from them has become confusing at best, but if you can get a great deal on what you want, that's fantastic.:D

Bruce Benjamin
09-04-2007, 11:06 AM
There doesn't appear to be anything tricky about this free shipping deal. Right there below, "Special Shipping Info" is a section, "Product Promotions". Click on the, "See Details" link and it tells you exactly how to get the free shipping. I didn't try it but it looks like you have to enter a promo code. I don't know if this works or not but it's certainly not automatic and it doesn't pretend to be either. This was something I didn't look at earlier in this thread. If this promo code works it doesn't look like Amazon is doing anything wrong at all. Did you try this promo code when you placed your order, Deck?

Bruce

Deck Reagan
09-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Bruce,
I did not see it last night. No I didn't try it. I don't see it today. I see the saw back at $479 today. What is the promo code?

Deck

Deck Reagan
09-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Bruce,
I see the button you are talking about. Did you actually see a promo code in the details drop down? I got a drop down that said:

Shipping Restrictions
A fixed shipping charge of $149.00 applies to this product. This product requires special handling and may ship separately from other items in your order. This item is not eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping; this may be due to the item's unusual shipping weight of 290.0 pounds.

Deck

Deck Reagan
09-04-2007, 11:53 AM
I wonder why amazon couldn't figure this out.

Randal Stevenson
09-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Bruce,
I did not see it last night. No I didn't try it. I don't see it today. I see the saw back at $479 today. What is the promo code?

Deck

The $479 isn't from Amazon, look to the right of the page for Amazon's price.

Deck Reagan
09-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Randall,
It was last night. It said:

Availability: In stock, shipd from and sold by Amazon.com

After I bought mine it said

Only 1 left in stock--order soon

I agree today it says something completely different.

Deck

Brian Erickson
09-04-2007, 1:47 PM
There is no promo code, and the saw is still 300 bucks from Amazon, they're just currently out of stock. Choose "used and new from..." and you should still be able to get the 300 deal with free shipping. Also, if you click on the "Today's Tool Deals" it lists all the saws that are now covered under the free shipping. Looks like someone already snagged all the $580 Powermatic 64As!

Bruce Benjamin
09-04-2007, 2:27 PM
I wonder why amazon couldn't figure this out.

As I said, I didn't actually order one, (no need or $$$) but here are the links: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000H0RNL2/ref=pd_luc_mri/002-3950748-4732025?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance That one gets you to the saw. Look down to Product Promotions. You can either click, "Here's how" or click this link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/A3FMT7MXYVZ7C3/002-3950748-4732025 Read the instructions and it tells you what to do. Since I didn't try going through the check out process I don't know if it works or not but there are instructions at least. I gotta be honest, it wasn't hard to follow the trail to this...:rolleyes: But I've also missed stuff like this before.

Bruce

Deck Reagan
09-04-2007, 4:58 PM
How do you get the free shipping?

When you go to order it's still charging for shipping.

Deck

Randy Klein
09-04-2007, 5:00 PM
How do you get the free shipping?

When you go to order it's still charging for shipping.

Deck

From the link:

Get free shipping on this table saw when you purchase one or more Qualifying saws offered by Amazon.com.

Nelson Bradley
09-04-2007, 5:51 PM
I don't see anything about free shipping at all. Can someone post the link?

Barry Allweiss
09-04-2007, 6:15 PM
Here is the Delta for $300 with FREE Shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-36-979-Left-Tilt-Horsepower-Contractor/dp/B000H0RNL2/ref=br_lf_m_1000128381_1_28_ttl/002-4575926-7600024?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=hi&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=141CCSR2YQPAZT7Z1J8T&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=306713401&pf_rd_i=1000128381

Here is a link to their tool specials: TS with Free shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Deals-Tools-Hardware/b?ie=UTF8&node=760330

Bruce Benjamin
09-04-2007, 7:10 PM
I can only assume that anyone who is still asking about free shipping didn't bother to read my post, (#19) or click on the fully-functioning links I provided. The procedure is described clear as a bell. However, if by chance the procedures described by Amazon in the links provided don't get you free shipping then you're on your own. Try reading the links, follow the instructions and see if it nets you free shipping. If not then...:confused:

Bruce

Brian Erickson
09-04-2007, 7:30 PM
Bruce--
I agree, it's not that hard, but a few changes over the last 24 hours have made it confusing. At first, the "free shipping offer" sign was up, but not the product promotion, and no free shipping was actually provided. Then when the free shipping actually started ringing up, Amazon's stock disappeared (all 2 of them), and the CPO seller's stock started showing up at 479. So, depending on the hour over the last day, it's taken different strokes to make it to the free shipping promised land...:D

Nelson Bradley
09-04-2007, 8:30 PM
Thanks, I managed to pick up the 979 for $300. I also got a sd208 and a couple of blades to go with it. I agree with Brian, the disappearing free shipping is what throws everything off, not to mention I haven't bought anything from amazon in about 5 years so I'm not familiar with their check out process.

Unfortunately I have to wait 3 to 6 weeks for it to ship, but for that price I think I can wait.

Deck Reagan
09-04-2007, 9:06 PM
Yea that thing is messed up. I see that it now gives you free shipping. I had to argue last night for 45 minutes to get it. They charged me for the shipping and now they are going to back and credit me for the $149. I am glad I got in last night because I got one of the last two. It is planned to ship tomorrow.

Deck

Bruce Benjamin
09-04-2007, 10:15 PM
I dunno about it being out of stock or whatever. Clicking on the links I provided still shows it in stock and the free shipping is still available. Says it ships in 3 to 6 weeks. If that's, "Out of stock" I'd say it's worth it. Typically with Amazon, when an item is out of stock it will say that on the web page under, "Availability". The only real decision I see for people in the market for this saw is what fence to use and where to put it.

Bruce