PDA

View Full Version : Elmers "Pro Bond" glue

Gene Kennedy
09-01-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm always on the lookout for a bargain, and on a recent trip through the paint department at the local Super Center I noticed this Pro Bond glue by Elmers. It's a little less expensive than Tite Bond II, and according to the claims made on the label, its the same type of product, i.e. excellent holding strength, non-toxic, water proof, and so on. Has anyone else tried this product?

Jerry Pittman
09-01-2007, 1:49 PM
Gene,
I have used it on flat work glue-ups with the same success as Titebond. I haven't used ti to glue up a turning project.
Jerry

Brett Baldwin
09-01-2007, 4:54 PM
I've used it for household carpentry projects and had the opportunity to see the "the wood will break before the glue" claims come true for pine and plywood. All the testing I've seen in the magazines have shown it to be roughly equal in general usage.

Gene Kennedy
09-02-2007, 3:34 PM
Thanks guys. I know that people develop preferences for certain products over time, but I can't imagine that it would be an inferior product. Elmer's has been making glue for a long time, and their regular carpenters glue (interior and exterior) are great products, but I cant get it to sand out as well as I'd like it to, especially when it's really humid. I think I'm going to pick up a bottle of Pro Bond this week and check it out.