PDA

View Full Version : Oneida Gorilla Switch Mount

Mike Pierson
09-01-2007, 9:05 AM
I just set up my Super Gorilla last night. For those out there with a Oneida - how did/do you mount the switch? There is no screw holes or grommets on the device. The Gripper pump has some small grommets for screws, but the main switch does not. Just curious for ideas. Maybe velcro? They show pictures of it mounted on the stand - but not enough detail to see how.....(I have the freestanding stand.)

just looking for ideas....

Phil Harding
09-01-2007, 9:39 AM
I mounted mine on the wall close to the Super Gorilla in a location that's easy for me to get to. If you take the cover off the switch you should see two mounting holes. Just attached it to the Super Gorilla frame or any where else using two screws through these holes.

-- Phil

Frederick Rowe
09-01-2007, 9:39 AM
Mike - I just assembled my 2 HP Super Gorilla and was facing the same question. It's not clearly addressed in the otherwise good manual. I just threaded two bolts into the screw holes in the back. I made a homemade stand from perforated 12 gauge angle steel, so the switch can just be screwed into a perforation. I don't know screw size as it came from my "Miscellaneous Sheetmetal Screw" collection. You know the kind, kept in a glass jar.

Roy Wall
09-01-2007, 9:40 AM
Mike -

I mounted the switch on a wall (thru to a stud) with a couple screws. It's been on there for a couple years......so my guess is there are a couple holes on the bottom half of the switch (dark grey section) than I put a couple 1" drywall screws anchored thru the wall.

The switch is about 15' from the cyclone and closer to where I switch on the WWing machines..

If you attach to a metal stand....my guess is sheet metal screws would hold it........

Mike Pierson
09-03-2007, 12:17 AM
Thanks guys - did not notice the hole on the back side, since you have to access by opening the case...guess I should have noticed when I opened up for the pump wiring.... anyway here is what I ended up doing....some ply and u-bolts