PDA

View Full Version : Time off

dennis kranz
09-01-2007, 4:03 AM
Just one more week and I have a little time off work. Temperatures in Tucson have been in the triple digets for so long I don't remember what cool is like. Going to go to Wisconsin where I have a lot of family and the temps are some what lower. None of my family knows that I started turning a short time ago so I'm going to take these along and pass them around. Also going to grab a handful of Slimline pens. The thing is that I have always been the one with 10 thumbs in the family. When I did Scroll Work they thought I bought it from someone else. These and the pens will realy get them a thinking. A few of these you have seen before but most are from a couple of storm damaged trees this summer.
Dennis

Harvey M. Taylor
09-01-2007, 5:13 AM
Hey Dennis, could you swing by Ft. Worth Tx. and drop off a couple at my house? Nice stoppers. Have done a few myself. Max

Karl Laustrup
09-01-2007, 6:48 AM
Where you headed in Wisconsin?

Karl

Benjamin Dahl
09-01-2007, 7:02 AM
Dennis, those look great. The only problem I see is based on my family gatherings in Wisconsin where the bottles were drained before they needed stopping. Have fun up there.
Ben

Ernie Nyvall
09-01-2007, 9:57 PM
I'll bet you have some surprised and happy family when you pass those out. Nice job Dennis.

What you said about your 10 thumbs reminded me of a painter. He shook so bad that his hands would move back and forth a couple of inches and his fingers trembled so that he could hardly pick up a glass, but when he put oil to canvas... steady as a rock.

joe greiner
09-02-2007, 8:45 AM
I'll bet you have some surprised and happy family when you pass those out. Nice job Dennis.

What you said about your 10 thumbs reminded me of a painter. He shook so bad that his hands would move back and forth a couple of inches and his fingers trembled so that he could hardly pick up a glass, but when he put oil to canvas... steady as a rock.

Similar to C&W singer Mel Tillis (I think). Has a terrible stutter with ordinary speaking, but clear as a bell when singing.

Joe