PDA

View Full Version : Bessey SG-8 super grip

Denny Rice
09-01-2007, 2:52 AM
I am looking at purchasing a pair of these clamps. I have never used them but can see myself using them a lot. Does anyone here have a pair and if they do how often do you use them? I know at 55-60.00 for just one clamp seems high for a 8" clamp but I would also like to know how durable they are also...Thanks:)

Denny

Bob Levy
09-01-2007, 7:09 AM
I originally saw how much his "Normness" reached for his set of Super Grip clamps so I thought I'd give them a try. I also was a little leery about paying so much for a set of clamps BUT I have to say that I use those clamps more than any of the other 30 clamps I own.

But I don't use them as much for traditional clamping of glue ups. I primarily use them as a second pair of hands...holding things down...locking things in place while I nail things....they just seem to be the first set of clamps I reach for.

I'm sure there will be many opinions on a set of clamps like these but for me they were one of the best investments I've made.

Bob

Cary Swoveland
09-01-2007, 2:53 PM
I have a pair, and like them a lot, but most of the time just one would be enough.

Cary