PDA

View Full Version : My easel and my helper....

Bill Huber
08-31-2007, 8:45 PM
My daughter is a 3rd grade teacher and wanted an easel that could be used when she was setting down. So I got the job.....

I just used red oak from HD and a sheet of that what they call dry erase broad and a few hours in the shop and here it is.
It is only 22 inches at the pencil tray and 32 inches above it. It will hold a teachers pad that is 24x32.
All joints were done with the good old DowelMax, man I love that tool. The board can be replaced any time that it is needed just by unscrewing the top board and pulling it out.
It is all ready to get a good final sanding and some poly,

I did have a helper two different nights. She came in and set right down on the wood I was working on and watched me do some sanding. I guess I got some saw dust on her and she had to clean up a little.
The next night she was back and this time she like the router table the most and really checked it out before she came over and landed on the easel and checked it out.
I guess she wants to getting into woodworking and wanted to watch a master...:D :D :D :D :D :D

70938 70939

Jim Dunn
08-31-2007, 9:39 PM
She would probably look like my ex-wife, but I don't have one:)

I do like your easel though. Is that paper or a dry erase board?

Bill Huber
08-31-2007, 9:42 PM
She would probably look like my ex-wife, but I don't have one:)

I do like your easel though. Is that paper or a dry erase board?

What you are seeing there is the dry erase board, the pad will hang on the top rail. It will have 2 1/4 dowels that to pad will slip right on.

Bill Huber
09-02-2007, 12:22 AM
All done and ready for school.

Sand it all down and 3 coats of poly and that.

Carroll Courtney
09-02-2007, 9:43 AM
Bill,nice work and very good pic's.

Jim Becker
09-02-2007, 9:48 AM
Nice work on the easel!

And I love those praying mantis creatures...so interesting to watch as their motions are "less insect" and more "human" due to the way they can articulate their head. Good to have around, too...they love to eat unsavory bugs!
----------

Edit:

Not five minutes after viewing this thread, I walked outside and noticed one of your helper's relatives checking out the building techniques on our addition...this one's a big-un and very mature.

Peter Stahl
09-02-2007, 1:01 PM
Nice job Bill. Your daughter should get a lot of use out it for a long time and she'll think of you every time she uses it.