PDA

View Full Version : I need to turn something!!!

Tim Malyszko
08-30-2007, 9:18 PM
The last few weeks have been rough. I've been up in Eau Claire, WI for a start-up for the last week and I have another month up here. Reading the forum and seeing all the great finished pieces gets me antsy. Since I've been so busy with work the last month, I've turned nothing. There is a great osage orange blank that i cannot wait to turn back home, but it looks like it will be November once I get around to it.

Nevermind... I'm venting and jealous of everyone else in here. :mad:

Happy Turning.:D

Rich Stewart
08-30-2007, 9:32 PM
If you are away that much you should get yourself one of them ne RV's with a garage in the back. I guess it is for motorcycles but you could make a right nice workshop back there.

BOB BUCHANAN
08-31-2007, 12:55 AM
It was 122 (no kidding) degrees in my shop today.:eek: To hot to do anything but pout and find some air conditioning.:mad: I still have another month of hot weather before I get to turn so much as a pen.

Gene Kennedy
08-31-2007, 3:27 AM
It was 122 (no kidding) degrees in my shop today.:eek: To hot to do anything but pout and find some air conditioning.:mad: I still have another month of hot weather before I get to turn so much as a pen.

.....but its a dry heat Bob. :D

Harvey M. Taylor
08-31-2007, 8:01 AM
Hi Tim,
I know your dilema well. As others have said, it is too hot here in Tx. also. Suggestion:see if there is a turning club near where you are. Contact them and I betcha, some of the turners would welcome you to come to their shop. and 'turn something.' Dont know how much free time you have, though.If you have turning videos at home, have the wife ship them to you and at least keep your mind refreshed. Maybe get some sawdust from somewhere and sprinkle it close by while watching. Just a couple--Max

Ken Fitzgerald
08-31-2007, 10:15 AM
TIm.....if you really gotta turn something .....really bad.......

Take a class at a local Woodcraft Store....and be the guy's quickest and most talented student!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Pat Doble
09-01-2007, 2:35 AM
I spent 5 (yes five :) ) years in Eau Claire for college (and still haven't used that either of my majors yet) and from what I remember - not a whole lot going on except for the Packers and activities revolving around cold malt beverages (and the Packers obviously involve both :p ).

Keep your chin up. While building my shop I went about 4 months with only one turning 'episode'. You'll appreciate the vortex even more once you can get back to it.

Have a 'Girf' at Erbert's and Gerbert's for me.....