PDA

View Full Version : Millers Falls 747 CS question

Richard Dooling
08-30-2007, 4:35 PM
Hi everyone.
I have been trying to find some information on a Millers Falls 747 circular saw I inherited from my dad. When I finally really looked at this saw I realized it is very well made. Cast aluminum with a cut line indicator that slides as the saw is tilted and an eccentric washer in the sole to true up the blade.
Is anyone in the forum familiar with this saw? Dad always had a 6 ½ inch blade on it but it looks as if it takes a 7 ¼ inch blade so I should get reasonable depth of cut.
I have tried to find information about this saw but have come up empty. Any suggestions are welcome. I am guessing that with the aluminum body and not being double insulated, the saw is from somewhere in the late 50s to mid 60s timeframe.
Thanks.

Gary Muto
08-30-2007, 5:45 PM
Try this site

http://www.owwm.com/

Richard Dooling
08-30-2007, 5:55 PM
Thanks. I have been there with no luck. Another member pointed out that I can upload a picture there so I'll try that. thanks anyway. :o

Jim Heffner
09-04-2007, 2:02 PM
Richard, I don't have any helpful info. on that saw, but I have seen their other tools in years past. It is a shame that some of the old/ good mfg.rs
have gone out of business, fallen by the wayside or been bought out by someone else and the good tools they made are no longer available.
Jim Heffner

Alan J August
07-09-2012, 1:16 PM
Hi everyone.
I have been trying to find some information on a Millers Falls 747 circular saw I inherited from my dad. When I finally really looked at this saw I realized it is very well made. Cast aluminum with a cut line indicator that slides as the saw is tilted and an eccentric washer in the sole to true up the blade.
Is anyone in the forum familiar with this saw? Dad always had a 6 ½ inch blade on it but it looks as if it takes a 7 ¼ inch blade so I should get reasonable depth of cut.
I have tried to find information about this saw but have come up empty. Any suggestions are welcome. I am guessing that with the aluminum body and not being double insulated, the saw is from somewhere in the late 50s to mid 60s timeframe.
Thanks.

As of this past weekend, I, too, have a Millers Falls 747 circular saw. Other than a rip blade already on the saw, no other blades came with the saw. It came within a metal case that can use a really good refinishing on the outside, but the case is still sound. It really appears to be a substantially well built saw and I am planning to use it.
So, if anyone has any info on this saw, it will certainly be appreciated.
Thanks,
Alan

Jim Andrew
07-09-2012, 8:13 PM
Miller Falls has been gone for years. They sold levels, brace and bits, mostly old hand tools. Haven't ever seen any of their old power tools. The jobs I worked on had mostly Black and Decker, and a few Skil saws.

Brian Brightwell
07-10-2012, 1:00 PM
I too have a Miller Falls circular saw that was my Dad's. I will have to look at the model number. It was probably made it the 50's or early 60's. I used it a lot when I built my house it 1980.