PDA

View Full Version : never mind

Mike Vickery
08-30-2007, 12:34 PM
PLease disregard this post.

I was curious about bolting lathe to floor but upon doing more research detrmined it is not something I am going to do.

Paul Heely
08-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Response removed after original post edited to nothing......

Tom Keen
08-30-2007, 12:47 PM
IMO, bolting a lathe to the floor will only create new problems. The vibration (energy) created by a out of round piece on spinning on your lathe will cause points on your lathe or stand to weaken and eventually break. Best to load up the lathe with bags of sand (mass) to absorb and dissipate the energy.

T.

Mike Vickery
08-30-2007, 1:04 PM
Yep I did some research and decided to nix the idea which is why I tried to delete the post.
Could not figure out how to delete it.

George Guadiane
08-30-2007, 1:39 PM
Yep I did some research and decided to nix the idea which is why I tried to delete the post.
Could not figure out how to delete it.
:eek: You could offer to SELL your lathe, THAT should get the post removed without you doing anything more. :D

Mike Vickery
08-30-2007, 2:53 PM
:eek: You could offer to SELL your lathe, THAT should get the post removed without you doing anything more. :D
Not a chance she may be old and green and I can't get parts for her, but I still love her. Kind of like my wife!

Ken Fitzgerald
08-30-2007, 3:07 PM
Not a chance she may be old and green and I can't get parts for her, but I still love her. Kind of like my wife!

You are obviously braver than I to make a statement like that where she might see it!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Jason Beam
08-30-2007, 3:22 PM
Who says you can't get parts for your wife? What make/model is she? :cool:

TYLER WOOD
08-30-2007, 3:41 PM
ohhhh. not going there. My wife doesn'e even come here, but I stillwould not say that!

Kevin McPeek
08-30-2007, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I'll try not to let anything slip Mike ;) I would try blackmail but somehow I think you'd just tell her before giving up anything.

Neal Addy
08-31-2007, 12:46 AM
Does anyone know where I can find a manual for my wife? I can't figure her out.

Bob Hallowell
08-31-2007, 7:58 AM
Does anyone know where I can find a manual for my wife? I can't figure her out.

Neal,
If my memory serves me right you can find it at www.sorry/your/right/Im/wrong/honey.com (http://www.sorry/your/right/Im/wrong/honey.com)

Bob