PDA

View Full Version : Panther Machinery

Tom Quatsoe
08-29-2007, 9:13 PM
Has anyone seen one of these sliding table saws in action? I saw it is the last Woodshop News edition and the Panther website has some basic info. This is part of California Woodworking Machinery, which has a unit that imports Invicta.

Tom

Cliff Rohrabacher
08-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Their lowest cost model looks nice but the table stroke is too short. The table bearing set up appears identical to the Hammer. The scoring appears easier to adjust than a Hammer, the rip fence seems better than the hammer, the adjustable table appears heavier than the hammer. The price is about consonant with a hammer - cheaper actually with Hammer weighing in at over $7-Grand.
It is however a three phase meaning you may need to add another $350.00 for a converter.

Their next up seem to be a little like Felder's X roll table bearing format. They are long enough but are somewhat pricey.

I'd like to see one close up and run it.

Dick Sylvan
08-30-2007, 3:01 PM
What is it that we are looking at? So far it seems kinda like The Emperor's New Clothes.

Dan Stuewe
08-30-2007, 6:34 PM
http://www.panthermachinery.com/

Asian built sliding table saws.

Their website shows their address only a few miles from me. I wonder if they are hiring engineers? :rolleyes:

Edit. looking more into it, it looks like the address close to home is the dealer's address.