PDA

View Full Version : Anybody make a 5" Compound Angle Dust Port?

Doug Shepard
08-29-2007, 8:38 PM
I'd like to put a 5" port on my MM16 that's angled downward as well as rearward (towards the outfeed table side) so as to keep the hose from jutting out in the standing path of the table. John has something similar on this thread but he fabbed his.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=60267
My welding tools and skills are non-existent plus I dont need any more side-projects at the moment. I'd rather just buy something if it exists.
Cant tell for sure from his pics whether his is a compound angle or only bending downward. Anybody already make something like that? Either metal or plastic?

Jim O'Dell
08-29-2007, 9:30 PM
Don't know about the 5", but a 4" 45 el PVC SD2729 fits on the stock adaptor very tightly! What little I've used my E16, the standard pickup does very well. I thought about using a second 4" pickup under the table (E16 has a different set up than the MM16 here) but have decided not to since the stock one works so well. Have you hooked the CV up to the bandsaw yet? If not, I'd try it first and see how it does. The 4" fittings and pipe are cheap compared to the 6", and if you didn't like it, you could use the fittings on something else, like a router table, or an overhead guard for the TS.
On the 5", are there standard HVAC fittings that will work, with a flange collar to mount to the saw? Jim.

John Thompson
08-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Evening Doug...

I would have a look at the Box stores or at a local plumbing wholesaler that caters to contractors. All kinds of goodies are available and you are only limited by your imagination as to how to use them!

Regards...

Sarge..

Bill Arnold
08-30-2007, 7:01 AM
How about an adjustable elbow? That's what I use on the two ports of my bandsaw -- works just fine. :)