PDA

View Full Version : Jointech issues?

Christopher Kanda
08-29-2007, 2:52 PM
Has anyone had problems with the Jointech saw train system, or issues with jointechs customer service?

Robert Mayer
08-29-2007, 3:03 PM
There was a huge thread a couple weeks ago about the worst tools ever. I think their customer service was mentioned about 50 times. I havent had any experience with them though.

Don Bullock
08-29-2007, 8:03 PM
When I was looking at Jointech and Incra I received and read many "warnings" about their customer service. In the end I went with Incra mainly because of the cost. For what I wanted the Incra was less money. So far I have had no problems with my Incra and really like the accuracy on my table saw. I have not set up a router table for it yet. The Incra customer service people have been great as well, but I have to add that since there have been no issues with it I have only used the customer service email to get answers to some questions I've had. I'm sure that others fill jump in and give you more information.

Dick Tysen
08-29-2007, 8:41 PM
I have the saw train and the smart miter. I think both are great but I think there customer service stinks. I called jointech two times a week for three weeks and the lady I talked to said the service rep. would get back with me.I gave up on the phone call.I emailed the question and no response.I guess I can wait for the woodworking show to come to town and get my questions answered.

Kim Spence
08-29-2007, 9:00 PM
I had a very positive customer service experience with Jointech.

I purchased 2 of the Smart Miters at the Minneapolis woodworking show.

Got them home and found out the phenolic bases on both were not flat, they had about a 1/8 or so bow in them front to back. Called Jointech, they said this seemed unusual for Phenolic and suggested it may have been because they were in a cold car for several hours and suggested I first lay them on a flat surface for a couple days. That didn't work so I called back and they immediately sent me two new phenolic bases no questions asked.

FWIW, I really like the SmartMiter. I know it has received some negative feedback on this forum, but I think it is fantastic.

Bruce Benjamin
08-30-2007, 12:57 AM
Has anyone had problems with the Jointech saw train system, or issues with jointechs customer service?

No experience with the saw train but I did make the mistake of buying their Smart Miter. I'll spare you the details here but I will give you a link to my write up on my experience with Jointech products, customer service, and the most incompetent owner of any company I've ever encountered. The write up is long but it's all 100% true. PM me if you want the link.

Bruce