PDA

View Full Version : Completed set (FINALLY!)

Bonnie Campbell
08-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Well, of course I ran into multiple problems with that last pen. Guess I'll refuse to include 7 woods in one anymore :eek:

I started it with swirl, then busted the lower segment. So, decided I'd just do total vertical. Uh huh, right! Busted the top segment on that. So, I pieced the good stuff together, vertical and swirl and made a combo.

In order, left to right.... ash, osage, osage, oak, bloodwood, ebony, lignum vitae, and the combo.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/annieoakley/Pens/WeddingPenSet.jpg

Ken Fitzgerald
08-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Nice pens Bonnie! Yup sometimes it just goes that way! Way to recover!

Jeffrey Fusaro
08-29-2007, 11:33 AM
flexibility and creativity go hand-in-hand.

well done bonnie!

Harvey M. Taylor
08-29-2007, 1:25 PM
Hi Bonnie, I live by this old chinese proverb that I just made up---The secret to success is constancy to purpose.You may not realize the full meaning of that till the tingling sensation up and down your back stops.Nice pens, Max

Steve Schlumpf
08-29-2007, 1:28 PM
Very nice work Bonnie! Each is a beauty and your combo looks like it was worth the effort!

Paul Heely
08-29-2007, 2:05 PM
Nice looking pens Bonnie. Remember, every oops is just a new design opportunity. Great job getting the segmented one done.

Christopher K. Hartley
08-29-2007, 2:34 PM
Bonnie, Great Job and I admire your "Stuff"! Persistance that is, it's a quality we look for in our sales people! YOU ARE HIRED!!:D Now to just get you up to speed on Funeral and Cemetery. :eek: Pretty Pens!:)

Jerry Pittman
08-29-2007, 5:54 PM
Bonnie,
Very nice set of pens. And a very cool display as well.
Jerry

Dennis Peacock
08-29-2007, 7:29 PM
Lots of very nice pens there Bonnie and a very fitting display stand as well. Congrats and they are very pretty. :D

Bernie Weishapl
08-29-2007, 8:00 PM
Bonnie that is a great looking set of pens. Very well done.

Bonnie Campbell
08-29-2007, 8:07 PM
Thanks! I was starting to wonder if I'd ever get that last pen done. I guess from what I've read I need new guides and blade for my bandsaw. It won't cut anything straight. So the segmented parts had to be hand sanded (a LOT!) before they'd fit together. The owner to be (as soon as I get his final payment) sounded really pleased with the picture.