PDA

View Full Version : I want mine shorter

Bruce Wrenn
08-28-2007, 10:27 PM
After seeing several posts about extending the rails on a Biese fence, I want the opposite. I want to add a Delta sliding table to one of my contractor's saws. I will need to make both front rail, rear rail and tube shorter. They have to end at left edge of saw's table, not including the extension wing. I make my clones so I have 36" rip capacity to right of the blade. This allows me to cut end caps for base cabinets. Seems none of us can be happy unless something is changed

Jim O'Dell
08-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Can't you move everything one notch to the right? Let the left miter slot cut out line up with the right miter slot? You get the added benefit of a little more room to the right, and get your slider to boot! Jim.

frank shic
08-29-2007, 9:48 AM
bruce, have you checked out the jessem mast-r-slider? i had the delta sliding table and was pretty happy when i finally managed to sell it off on ebay. the fence constantly needed to be readjusted and when it did, it usually took 5-15 minutes. it did slide a lot more smoothly than my current slider (exaktor) and it was nice to be able to walk through the cut.

David DeCristoforo
08-29-2007, 12:08 PM
"... I want to add a Delta sliding table to one of my contractor's saws..."

Don't waste your dough. Better to use a good homemade "sled". This cute looking attachment is a POS. In fact if you are anywhere near Davis, CA. I think I still have one kicking around in the shop somewhere that you are welcome to...

Bruce Wrenn
08-29-2007, 10:11 PM
David. I was given one, so it goes on the saw. Ony had it for five years though. There is a good thread showing how to make it work better. Only problem is I have it filed away in my old computer.

David DeCristoforo
08-29-2007, 11:16 PM
"David. I was given one, so it goes on the saw..."

Well free might not be too bad a price. Let me know how long before you take it back off again...

BTW, my offer is open to anyone in my area that wants to fool around with one...

frank shic
08-30-2007, 12:56 AM
now david, don't you feel that there was something useful gained in the eight to nine hour process of attaching AND calibrating the sliding fence? yeh, i didn't think so either! good luck bruce - it's definitely better than NOTHING but it will whet your appetite for something more substantial. let us know if you run into any problems with the installation (EEEEEEEEEEEEEK).