PDA

View Full Version : odd sounds from my 22124

Michael Batt
08-28-2007, 6:09 PM
Just got back from a three week vacation and fired up my 22124 Sunday. Instead of the smooth running sound I'm accustomed to, I hear a kind of rythmic "thump" every half second or so, almost as if a flywheel is out of balance or something like that. I checked the mounting of the motor and the ply v belt seems fine. The saw cuts as smoothly as ever, it's just a very disconcerting sound. Anyone experienced anything like this? Any suggestions as what might be causing the noise?
thanks.

Pete Bradley
08-28-2007, 6:33 PM
Most likely the belt just took a bit of a set when it sat. I expect the noise will have gone away long before people stop posting recommendations that you buy link belts. ;)

Pete

Jason Beam
08-28-2007, 6:56 PM
yep, lumpy belt.

Run it awhile and it should warm up and relax a bit. Or ... just to jab at Pete, put on a link belt! :P

glenn bradley
08-28-2007, 7:33 PM
A thump every half second or so at 3450 rpm . . . hmmmm, selective lump? The 22124 is not a candidate for link belts. It runs a poly-v.

Michael Batt
08-28-2007, 8:12 PM
A thump every half second or so at 3450 rpm . . . hmmmm, selective lump? The 22124 is not a candidate for link belts. It runs a poly-v.

didn't even bother to respond to the link belt post - not an option. I'll let it run a while and see if the thump goes away. If not, I have a spare belt I can try.
Thanks everyone for the input

Pete Bradley
08-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Or ... just to jab at Pete, put on a link belt! :P

Glad someone got it! I was starting to think I had been too subtle...

Pete

Jason Beam
08-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Glad someone got it! I was starting to think I had been too subtle...

Pete

My getting it may be a sign of deeper weirdness than you might have initially expected, though :eek::p