PDA

View Full Version : Laser Engraving Contracts

Todd Fulton
08-28-2007, 2:23 PM
Hello all,

I am just starting this GREAT thing called Laser Engraving. I have leeched around this site for awhile getting AWESOME ideas and help.

I was wondering if any of you have a contract that your customers have to sign. (Copyright, Warranty, etc. Issues) We have a generic form we use for Audio Equipment Rentals, Tape to CD, VHS to DVD.

If you could please share some sample contracts, they would be HIGHLY appreciated.

Thank You.

Mike Null
08-28-2007, 2:46 PM
Todd

Welcome to the SMC laser forum.

I have not had a need for a contract in 9 years. A purchase order is sometimes handy but most of my orders are via email and that's good enough for me.

Just a small favor please--in our TOS we do not permit links in signatures. You may put your link in your profile.

Joe Pelonio
08-28-2007, 2:50 PM
Though I do business with some pretty big companies I have never used a contract for anything I have done, laser work or signs. So far (14 years) that has worked out just fine. I tend to try and avoid extra paperwork, though. I had one customer that owned a business park that after 4 years sent a letter requiring me to name them as an additional insured on my business liability insurance. All I did there was mount acrylic name signs with DS tape on lobby directories, so even if one fell no one's going to be hurt. I flat refused and they waived it.

I've also avoided offering any kind of warranties, if asked I'll tell them one year on all materials and labor, weather and vandalism excluded, but have never had anyone ask for it in writing.

Darren Null
08-28-2007, 5:26 PM
Well the thing I've learned so far, is if you're quoting for a large number of things at a bulk rate; also include rates for lesser amounts on a sliding scale. That way you're covered for tyre kickers.

Joe Pelonio
08-28-2007, 6:11 PM
Well the thing I've learned so far, is if you're quoting for a large number of things at a bulk rate; also include rates for lesser amounts on a sliding scale. That way you're covered for tyre kickers.
Yes, and also, covered for later on when there are changes and they ask for 1-2 at a time. Especially important when doing all of the signs/nameplates/directory strips at an office building. They shouldn't expect the new ones for turnover of employees to be at the same price as the 200 initial signs.