PDA

View Full Version : Jobs best refused

Bobby Hatfield
01-27-2004, 5:58 PM
Why do we take some jobs ? Not a lot of good sense I guess. Customer waited untill I took the job for some arched door facing before deciding what pattern was wanted. Now I gotta buy another few router bits.

Tyler Howell
01-27-2004, 6:19 PM
Your the man for the Job Bobby! Give it Hell;)

Dennis Peacock
01-27-2004, 7:04 PM
Well Bobby......so much for "retirement" hugh? Talk of a New Shop, making curved stuff....and before you know it...you will be like Bob Lasley....making roundy things on a new spinny thing.......

Looks good and keep up the good work.!!

Bobby Hatfield
01-27-2004, 7:31 PM
Well Bobby......so much for "retirement" hugh? Talk of a New Shop, making curved stuff....and before you know it...you will be like Bob Lasley....making roundy things on a new spinny thing.......

Naw, Dennis I got too many lathes now, (4), one down for repair and the metal lathe, so no more, I don't have time now to turn legs for my computer desk, just working when its warm enough, I had the gas disconnected because they charge a summer fee of way too much. I had to go back to work to pay for the 50" drum sander and 108" edge sander. Now I need another couple shapers to set up cutters permanant to do more glass cabinet doors.

Todd Burch
01-27-2004, 9:58 PM
Bobby, Bobby, Bobby.

Next time, (and I'd heading this lesson too), tell him when you take the job that his pattern choices are limited to your inventory!

Bobby Hatfield
01-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Bobby, Bobby, Bobby.

Next time, (and I'd heading this lesson too), tell him when you take the job that his pattern choices are limited to your inventory!

No way, no fun that way, can't admit defeat. I think I may have found a solution in another shop about 50 miles away that has a W&H moulder. All I gotta do is take along my cutoff's for radius guides for the W&H. Hopefully.

Todd Burch
01-28-2004, 1:04 AM
Good deal! Post a close up picture when you're done.