PDA

View Full Version : Non Paying Ebayer

Hal Peeler
08-28-2007, 12:36 PM
How long do you normally give a non paying ebay before you relist the item. I've sent 2 or 3 emails in addition to an invoice but haven't heard anything. The buyer had 0 feedback rating. We are only talking about a few dollars, but I'd like to get the stuff sold. FWIW, it's been a week. Thanks
Hal

Steve knight
08-28-2007, 12:47 PM
I think ebay makes you wait 7 days or is it 14? when you file a non paying bidder complaint the form tells you the time. 7 days after you file it if you have not heard then you can file a complaint and get a refund of the auction price.

Russ Filtz
08-28-2007, 12:50 PM
I tread carefully so as not to get negative feedback. Buyers hold you hostage for your rating! I'd send one last email gently threatening to contest with eBay if you don't hear back within 2-3 days. Then file a non-paying bidder complaint with eBay. They will then file an email to the buyer. After a week or so, you can check back with eBay and finalize that the buyer failed to pay. You will then get your fees back and can re-list for free. I think with this process the buyers are also prevented from filing negative feedback.

Matt Meiser
08-28-2007, 2:19 PM
Unless things have changed, you can relist before going through the non-paying bidder process and still get a refund. I haven't sold anything lately, but I used to say in my terms that they had 48 hours to complete payment via Paypal or I would relist and report them as a NPB. As a seller, I NEVER leave feedback until it is received and I state that as well. I think that usually prevents unwarranted negative feedback. Since most people require Paypal now, I think Ebay's time is too long.

Scott Loven
08-28-2007, 3:07 PM
Use the unpaid item process. It is a friendly reminder. If they don't pay, you can close out the dispute and get your money back. Give them 48 hours to respond with a payment plan and then close the dispute If you don't hear from them, they will get a non payment strike against them. I sell a 100+ item a month on ebay and this works for me.
Scott

Leigh Costello
08-28-2007, 3:21 PM
Hal,
FWIW, I also had a "0" feedback buyer. I emailed 3X, then filed non-payment form. Got paid quickly after that. I generally avoid buying from a "0" seller and am now cautious about "0" buyers. I always require PayPal payment. Good Luck!

Mike Langford
08-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Some people want to pay and others don't........I say relist it and get it sold....you gave him at least a week to pay.......:eek:

Cliff Rohrabacher
08-29-2007, 9:42 AM
Hunt him down and kill him, slowly and with great pain.

Or just re-list.

What's he going to do, complain?

Russ Filtz
08-30-2007, 7:34 AM
As a seller, I NEVER leave feedback until it is received and I state that as well. I think that usually prevents unwarranted negative feedback.

That works unless you get the jokers with dummy accounts, "0" or low feedbacks and they don't care if they get a negative review. They'll just drop it and start anew. That's what I worry about! (I still have 100% rating after almost 1,000 transactions!)

Leigh, I also am careful when I buy. I usually don't deal unless the seller has at least 50+ transactions. Also when you sell you can limit buyers with zero transactions or low ratings I believe.